Where has the PCS 360mm Liquid Cooler gone?

branbb60

Hello!

It appears the configurator has undergone an adjustment with some new products added and others removed.

My drama aside with Corsair, I would prefer to avoid them, which is why with my build I am planning to purchase tomorrow, I preferred to purchase the PCS cooler rather than any Corsair product.

Does anyone know where this product has gone and if it will be coming back in stock. It's not even greyed out, its just not an option anymore.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello!

It appears the configurator has undergone an adjustment with some new products added and others removed.

My drama aside with Corsair, I would prefer to avoid them, which is why with my build I am planning to purchase tomorrow, I preferred to purchase the PCS cooler rather than any Corsair product.

Does anyone know where this product has gone and if it will be coming back in stock. It's not even greyed out, its just not an option anymore.
They've likely run out of stocks, you'd have to ask PCS if they're planning on restocking them.

branbb60

They've likely run out of stocks, you'd have to ask PCS if they're planning on restocking them.
Thank you! I was planning on ordering tomorrow. So I'll give them a call in the morning.

Are you familiar with the PCS 360mm in comparison to the H150i? Would it be worth just getting the Corsair version?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you! I was planning on ordering tomorrow. So I'll give them a call in the morning.

Are you familiar with the PCS 360mm in comparison to the H150i? Would it be worth just getting the Corsair version?
Yes, absolutely, they're an entirely different class in quality. It would probably equate to around a 240mm corsair version in capabilities.

branbb60

Yes, absolutely, they're an entirely different class in quality. It would probably equate to around a 240mm corsair version in capabilities.
Oh wow! I didn't expect the difference to be so large. There is a lack of reviews on the PCS versions but I suppose that's because it's a small amount of coolers in a large volume of options.

Have you seen the issues surrounding iCue? That's my main concern, as I have been plagued with the issue myself using the H80i v2. It's been going on for years without a fix and on a £2500+ PC the last thing I need is iCue causing an overheating issue.

branbb60

Of course, we can't really accurately comment without knowing the full planned specs as they all inter relate?

Sorry, you're completely right. Here's what I am looking at currently.

PC.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh wow! I didn't expect the difference to be so large. There is a lack of reviews on the PCS versions but I suppose that's because it's a small amount of coolers in a large volume of options.

Have you seen the issues surrounding iCue? That's my main concern, as I have been plagued with the issue myself using the H80i v2. It's been going on for years without a fix and on a £2500+ PC the last thing I need is iCue causing an overheating issue.

iCue has no relation to the pump at all, other than adjusting speeds if you wanted to, but you don't need it, it operates absolutely fine without iCue.

iCue is buggy, but all bugs can be worked around when you know what you're doing. We've specced thousands of pc's with that cooler, and worked around the issue for some, but for most, there is no issue.

branbb60

What's it for? And what monitor are you pairing it with, what make and model?
Gaming only, nothing else such as rendering or mining.

1440p on a 27" Samsung odyssey G7.

Thank you for your help here buddy! I really appreciate it.

In terms of iCue, is there other software you're aware of that can control the pump and fans more effectively. I have full trust in the quality of PCS as I have used them before as well as other reviews. Corsair on the other hand, yes they make buggy software which is unfortunate as the products are very good.

branbb60

I've never had Icue freeze, you just need to keep it up to date, along with fan, pump firmware etc
Many people say that, which I am glad to hear because maybe there is hope.

However, that 20 page forum shows a lot of people suffering with the same issue. It's still prevalent even in 2022. The reason is still unknown as to why it happens, but it appears it's a service issue with the Corsair client.

I just wanted to state I am not here to start an argument against Corsair, I genuinely believe they make great products. It's all down to iCue causing me headaches for a long time. I currently have to use Corsair LINK to ensure it works correctly.

Thank you for all your help everyone, I really appreciate it!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
In terms of iCue, is there other software you're aware of that can control the pump and fans more effectively.
iCue works fine, you're missing what we're saying, we've got thousands of systems running icue coolers and fans without any issue whatsoever, myself included.

On the build I would suggest a couple of changes:

Switch to an Asus board, preferably the Strix, the gigabytes have some boot issues where it can take a couple of minutes to get through post.

Any reason for 32Gb RAM? What game is it you run that requires it?

I would bother with the Asus 3080 personally, a standard card will perform exactly the same and costs far less.

One drive is a big no no these days. You really want a primary OS NVME at around 500Gb to 1Tb, then a secondary dedicated NVME for games, then if you require any storage, grab a 7200rpm HDD.

No need for the paste if you're getting a corsair cooler as they come pre applied with high quality paste.

The H80i works absolutely fine with iCue as well, it's not iCue that's the issue, it's likely some incompatibility with your windows config. I've been running corsair coolers constantly since 2009 and not had any issue with iCue other than the USB driver not recovering sometimes after sleep in the old days, but that was resolved along time ago.

However, that 20 page forum shows a lot of people suffering with the same issue. It's still prevalent even in 2022. The reason is still unknown as to why it happens, but it appears it's a service issue with the Corsair client.

I'm afraid there's always people with problems with any software or hardware, but they tend to be people who don't know how to troubleshoot and workaround bugs. As the high rep people in that thread are constantly suggesting, it's more than likely some incompatibility in the peoples OS causing the corsair service to bug out and crash. This isn't corsairs fault, and that's why far more people have no issue at all, because they understand how to configure windows.

9 times out of 10 people don't tell you they're running torrented game files, and things like that, or haven't set the compatibility mode for HWInfo. It LOOKS like it's down to the products, but the fact that 99% of users have no issue at all, it has to be some kind of software incompatibility. You just have to know how to isolate the incompatiblity.

branbb60

iCue works fine, you're missing what we're saying, we've got thousands of systems running icue coolers and fans without any issue whatsoever, myself included.

On the build I would suggest a couple of changes:

Switch to an Asus board, preferably the Strix, the gigabytes have some boot issues where it can take a couple of minutes to get through post.

Any reason for 32Gb RAM? What game is it you run that requires it?

I would bother with the Asus 3080 personally, a standard card will perform exactly the same and costs far less.

One drive is a big no no these days. You really want a primary OS NVME at around 500Gb to 1Tb, then a secondary dedicated NVME for games, then if you require any storage, grab a 7200rpm HDD.

No need for the paste if you're getting a corsair cooler as they come pre applied with high quality paste.

The H80i works absolutely fine with iCue as well, it's not iCue that's the issue, it's likely some incompatibility with your windows config. I've been running corsair coolers constantly since 2009 and not had any issue with iCue other than the USB driver not recovering sometimes after sleep in the old days, but that was resolved along time ago.

I'm afraid there's always people with problems with any software or hardware, but they tend to be people who don't know how to troubleshoot and workaround bugs. As the high rep people in that thread are constantly suggesting, it's more than likely some incompatibility in the peoples OS causing the corsair service to bug out and crash. This isn't corsairs fault, and that's why far more people have no issue at all, because they understand how to configure windows.

9 times out of 10 people don't tell you they're running torrented game files, and things like that, or haven't set the compatibility mode for HWInfo. It LOOKS like it's down to the products, but the fact that 99% of users have no issue at all, it has to be some kind of software incompatibility. You just have to know how to isolate the incompatibility.

Thank you for your advice! You are right, many people are using iCue without issue.

I've changed the motherboard too the Strix, I chose the Gigabyte based on price as well as the ability of using 3600mhz.

I suppose there isn't a game that requires 32GB, but for the sake of £81. I may as well go for 32GB.

I've been going back and forth with these cards, but you are right. I'll go for a standard card. Palit are reputable.

Oh? Would you mind going into more detail as to why one drive is bad?

That's true, considering I am going for the Corsair H150i.

Now that I am on Windows 11, I'll see if I can get iCue working on my current PC.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I suppose there isn't a game that requires 32GB, but for the sake of £81. I may as well go for 32GB.
People often misunderstand what RAM does, it doesn't offer any increased performance by adding more, the system only uses what it requires. Having enough RAM simply keeps performance optimal. Having too much will do nothing at all, you just will never use it, might as well flush dollar bills down the toilet. And if there comes a time where you do need more, it's a simple thing to upgrade.

There's only really a couple of games that require over 16Gb, Flight Sim and a couple of modded games.

It doesn't sound like you'd get any benefit from having 32Gb.

Oh? Would you mind going into more detail as to why one drive is bad?
Drives are now cheap, and often having 2 1Tb is cheaper than 1 2Tb. But price aside, for best performance you have a dedicated drive per use. Not only performance benefits, but also if you need to reinstall windows, you just wipe the C drive and don't have to worry about losing your games or data.

You never partition an SSD, they're not like HDD's in that respect, there's no value in it and it decreases performance.

That's true, considering I am going for the Corsair H150i.
Again, no requirement for it, it wouldn't be bad to have, just performance your system won't require, you could happily have an H115i.

branbb60

People often misunderstand what RAM does, it doesn't offer any increased performance by adding more, the system only uses what it requires. Having enough RAM simply keeps performance optimal. Having too much will do nothing at all, you just will never use it, might as well flush dollar bills down the toilet. And if there comes a time where you do need more, it's a simple thing to upgrade.

There's only really a couple of games that require over 16Gb, Flight Sim and a couple of modded games.

It doesn't sound like you'd get any benefit from having 32Gb.

Drives are now cheap, and often having 2 1Tb is cheaper than 1 2Tb. But price aside, for best performance you have a dedicated drive per use. Not only performance benefits, but also if you need to reinstall windows, you just wipe the C drive and don't have to worry about losing your games or data.

You never partition an SSD, they're not like HDD's in that respect, there's no value in it and it decreases performance.

Again, no requirement for it, it wouldn't be bad to have, just performance your system won't require, you could happily have an H115i.
So this is the PC I have come out with.

You have a good point with RAM, however, there are a few games that I do mod quite a bit and I am happy keeping 32GB :)

I quite like just having the single drive. I find things more organized.

Considering the price differences, I may as well keep the 115i

Here's what I've ended up with:
PC.png

Thank you very much for your help :D

Cornwol

Just to throw in my 5pence, I got my new machine last week...same case, same processor with the h115i pro XT.
It's a little champ so far, temps sitting around 20-25 on idle and peaking at mid 30s during games with a nice cool breeze coming out above the radiator. I was considering the 150 but that now seems like overkill, though I'm not an overclocker.

I can't comment much on the iCUE software, I installed it but haven't touched it apart from playing with the LEDs...left the cooler running whatever its default settings are when I checked out Win10 and the unit was quieter than the case fans so far with temps as above.

Full disclosure, I run Linux so I use the liquidctl software to manage the pump and fans on my setup instead of iCUE...but still never had an issue with temps.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just to throw in my 5pence, I got my new machine last week...same case, same processor with the h115i pro XT.
It's a little champ so far, temps sitting around 20-25 on idle and peaking at mid 30s during games with a nice cool breeze coming out above the radiator. I was considering the 150 but that now seems like overkill, though I'm not an overclocker.

I can't comment much on the iCUE software, I installed it but haven't touched it apart from playing with the LEDs...left the cooler running whatever its default settings are when I checked out Win10 and the unit was quieter than the case fans so far with temps as above.

Full disclosure, I run Linux so I use the liquidctl software to manage the pump and fans on my setup instead of iCUE...but still never had an issue with temps.
There is practically no performance difference between the H115i and the H150i mate, both are top of the food chain they just have slightly difference dimensions on the radiators. The H150i is slightly larger I believe by mass but it doesn't really offer any performance benefits

That's extremely cool for the CPU though very impressive