Where has the PCS 360mm Liquid Cooler gone?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would save a few quid and opt for the 12600k. You won't get any benefit from the 12700k for just gaming. If opting for that choice, I would opt for the TUF Gaming Wifi motherboard..... more savings with no down-side.

When the budget is available I think 32GB is a fair shout nowadays. It's what I'll be targeting too.

The 3080 is overkill for the 1440p G7 IMO. I would save the coin and go with either the 3070 (if available) or the 3070Ti (if not). I think the TUF Ti was actually cheaper than the standard option the other day. If you provide the URL it makes it easy for us to go in and offer advice on specifics, otherwise it's a pain going in and out the configurator.

Storage, I completely agree with the above. Being used to how you operate is one thing, but without attempting change you will never benefit from the rewards we have all already realised from multiple drives. Similar to multiple monitors, people who are happy with a single will advocate that they don't need more than one. It's not until you spend some time utilising and getting the benefit that you would never go back. 2 drives is the minimum recommendation nowadays, even with lower budgets it makes such a difference to quality of life.

If you're sticking with the 3080 I would opt for the 1000w PSU. It'll hopefully allow you to upgrade the GPU if you do, the 850w most certainly won't unless you plan on going down a tier in the future.

With the 12600k you could get away with any of the AIOs mentioned. I would stick with the 150i if the budget is there, otherwise just go with whatever fits as they will all smash your requirements. I think the H115i would likely be the quietest if that was your aim. The 150i will perform slightly better (my guess would be around 10%) but it'll come at the cost of noise (3 fans and they're smaller/faster).

branbb60

I would save a few quid and opt for the 12600k. You won't get any benefit from the 12700k for just gaming. If opting for that choice, I would opt for the TUF Gaming Wifi motherboard..... more savings with no down-side.

When the budget is available I think 32GB is a fair shout nowadays. It's what I'll be targeting too.

The 3080 is overkill for the 1440p G7 IMO. I would save the coin and go with either the 3070 (if available) or the 3070Ti (if not). I think the TUF Ti was actually cheaper than the standard option the other day. If you provide the URL it makes it easy for us to go in and offer advice on specifics, otherwise it's a pain going in and out the configurator.

Storage, I completely agree with the above. Being used to how you operate is one thing, but without attempting change you will never benefit from the rewards we have all already realised from multiple drives. Similar to multiple monitors, people who are happy with a single will advocate that they don't need more than one. It's not until you spend some time utilising and getting the benefit that you would never go back. 2 drives is the minimum recommendation nowadays, even with lower budgets it makes such a difference to quality of life.

If you're sticking with the 3080 I would opt for the 1000w PSU. It'll hopefully allow you to upgrade the GPU if you do, the 850w most certainly won't unless you plan on going down a tier in the future.

With the 12600k you could get away with any of the AIOs mentioned. I would stick with the 150i if the budget is there, otherwise just go with whatever fits as they will all smash your requirements. I think the H115i would likely be the quietest if that was your aim. The 150i will perform slightly better (my guess would be around 10%) but it'll come at the cost of noise (3 fans and they're smaller/faster).
Thank you for your advice.

I purchased the PC already so unfortunately, I cannot make any amendments based on your advice.

In the end, I have this. I am quite happy with it.

Attachments

• PC.png
    PC.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 88