Where has the VORTEX III gone :(

shamun

The Vortex III has disappeared from the website, I was going to order one, but can no longer edit my quote, any ideas what has happened

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I seem to recall a note saying they only had a "small number left" as they now had the Vortex IV in. PCS would need to confirm that though.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
The vortex III has been replaced by the Vortex IV as we could not get any more stock of the Vortex III

Fourteenth

It's a real shame, the Vortex III really took my liking too, All good though, Ordered myself the Vortex IV LE Today :)
Seems to be better if anything, the only downside is it has no back lit :(, But no big deal I guess :)

Can't wait till I receive it now :)

steaky360

I doubt things mass-produced on the scale they are now will have much chance of becoming antiques, barring their mass destruction of course.

I agree with what you are saying but I would still argue that they will infact become antiques. Mostly because they wont survive in mass. Think of the older consoles. Won't be long now until they are pseudo-antiques. Of course, they were not produced in the quantities that more modern items are, but not very much is designed to last for 50-100 years +. So if someone takes enough care of some stuff to make it last that long, I'd say it has a pretty good chance of being worth a fair amount of cash to the right person (like all antiques) once all is said and done :)

Of course, on the topic in this thread however, outdated is different from antique :) And of course, just because its old doesn't make it worth anything, it would probably gain sentimental value far quicker than it would gain 'antique' value.

steaky360

Clearing out the loft in the last month...I found my MegaDrive...with controllers! Havent tried it yet, but would be awesome if it still worked :D

Bet it does! If it doesn't all you'd need to do is blow on the cartridge and it'll work again...

halolz-dot-com-southpark-nes-badtime.gif

(I am aware this probably was the cause of a lot of damaged cartridges back in the day... but hell at the time I was convinced it worked 100%)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I used to try and fix Playstation games when they went funny by blowing on the CD...then cursed this newfangled wizardry and longed for a cartridge that could be fixed by anyone that had the ability to breath out slightly faster than normal :)

steaky360

I had not, but I am currently browsing through it and find it quite funny. I agree with some of the comments that I've read that making a game specifically with this kind of mechanic (sort of glitching etc, to add terror to the game) should probably be made. I think it could work well.

But I also agree that the game in question (if not entirely fiction) was hacked.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
If you goto cleverbot and type in majoras mask it starts talking about Ben.

I think it was a brilliant idea, it made a great ghost story and the story brought back memories of when cartridge games glitched out.