Where is everyone from?

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Nice. Have an uncle & aunt in Perth. A nephew in Melbourne and cousins in Sydney.

Yet, I have no desire to ever visit Australia. I think it's just too darn far.
I have been to Australia a number of times for work, mainly to Perth and once to Brisbane - 28 hours door to door for Perth and 32 hours for Brisbane is a long journey. I have quite a lot of family there and managed to visit a cousin I hadn’t seen for 40 years. It is a beautiful country, but I would want a long trip for a holiday due to the distance and travel time. My last trip was for a conference. I arrived at Perth in the early hours of Monday morning and flew out again on Friday evening. That is a long way for such a short trip.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Hawaii is amazing. Was lucky to visit a few times when I lived in LA.

Thailand only been once and when I was quite young. Definitely on the list to visit again.
I haven’t been to either. With Hawaii I was always put off by the high rise hotels behind the beaches, but that might just be Hawaii 5 0. My favourite places to visit have been Seychelles, South Africa and Australia.

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Its a beautiful country but your right its very far away I visited last year and went for just under a month its not your typical go for a week or 2 week vacation but would recommend thailand australia and hawaii are my top 3 places ive been to ... america (orlando) was probably the worst
definately recommend Thailand as a holiday destination.. quite humid tho
never been to Austraila but have distant relatives over there.. as for Orlando... that's good..if your a child :p but i have to say i did enjoy the xmas holiday i had over there..spent most of the time in Disney/Epcot/MGM tho lol

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I also really like the Gulf Coast of Florida in the off seasons. I wouldn’t go near the Disney parks. I would also highly recommend the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. People travel from all over the world to see them and I am only a few hours’ drive from the west coast and an hour from the Cairngorms.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
definately recommend Thailand as a holiday destination.. quite humid tho
never been to Austraila but have distant relatives over there.. as for Orlando... that's good..if your a child :p but i have to say i did enjoy the xmas holiday i had over there..spent most of the time in Disney/Epcot/MGM tho lol
The last time I went to Orlando, we'd hired a villa for the two weeks, had a pool, I never left it. That was a nice holiday

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
And Scotland definitely on the list. In a few when kids a bit older and can through a car journey that long.
id suggest going in the summer.. winter there can be just a tad cold!! :p

have been to scotland quite a few time.. best memory is walking through Glasgow Central Train station with an online friend i'd met up with, smoking a whilst walking past 2 police officers! (more than 10 years ago now tho)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigfoot

Grand Master
id suggest going in the summer.. winter there can be just a tad cold!! :p

have been to scotland quite a few time.. best memory is walking through Glasgow Central Train station with an online friend i'd met up with, smoking whilst walking past 2 police officers! (more than 10 years ago now tho)
There isn’t really a summer. We have 2 seasons - dark winter and light winter. The trouble with the summer in the Highlands is the Highland Midge. Fortunately, they seem to prefer my wife to me. The trick is to walk close enough to not appear as a separate target without being engulfed in the cloud of beasties that envelop her. Seeing as it is only the female midge that bites, it seems fair that they go for her rather than me.

dani72

Silver Level Poster
I'm from Dublin, Ireland but I lived in several other countries when I was younger.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
For those wearing woolly jumpers and hats, for those with their heating on, and especially for those waking up to frosty windscreens. This was taken on my walk with Rudy (our basset hound) this morning......

Agios Nikolaos.jpg

...they forecast 26C today, 27C tomorrow. I will admit that it's not usually quite this warm at this time of the year, it's usually around 6 degrees cooler than this, but with blue skies. Retirement is so hard......:cool:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
For those wearing woolly jumpers and hats, for those with their heating on, and especially for those waking up to frosty windscreens. This was taken on my walk with Rudy (our basset hound) this morning......

View attachment 30309

...they forecast 26C today, 27C tomorrow. I will admit that it's not usually quite this warm at this time of the year, it's usually around 6 degrees cooler than this, but with blue skies. Retirement is so hard......:cool:
Looks great, if a tad on the warm side.............

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

View attachment 30309

Looks almost identical to Otterspool promenade by me...except for the clean water, bright sunshine, litter-free promenade and stench from the household recycling centre next door :ROFLMAO:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Looks almost identical to Otterspool promenade by me...except for the clean water, bright sunshine, litter-free promenade and stench from the household recycling centre next door :ROFLMAO:
Otterspool will never change! :ROFLMAO:

Not that that stops dad from taking our dog down there every Saturday morning.