Where is everyone from?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Heating on at this time of year................what you going to do when it starts getting cold
Turn it up from 18ºC to 22ºC - and possibly wear some bedclothes (y)

The wooden/laminate floors were fine - it was just the tiles in the bathroom that were a little cool first thing (could even see a little frost on the neighbours' roofs).

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
At least most, if not all, of you have gas central heating.. my flat is pure electric and i have storage heaters. The end result of that is in the mornings the flat is too hot whereas the evenings are cold!! :p

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
At least most, if not all, of you have gas central heating.. my flat is pure electric and i have storage heaters. The end result of that is in the mornings the flat is too hot whereas the evenings are cold!! :p
Just electric in my flat as well, only one storage heater and that's in the hall, electric panel in the bedroom and an oil filled electric radiator in the lounge which i put on a timer on a smart socket (has a fan plugged into it in summer)

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Just electric in my flat as well, only one storage heater and that's in the hall, electric panel in the bedroom and an oil filled electric radiator in the lounge which i put on a timer on a smart socket (has a fan plugged into it in summer)
Pretty much similar to what i have without the oil filled radiator.

what make is the storage heater? My is dimplex and it's old!!! i suspect it's older than me!!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
what make is the storage heater? My is dimplex and it's old!!! i suspect it's older than me!!
yeah mines an old dimplex as well

1635875636568.jpeg

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Mums are funny creatures. In my very earliest working years I worked for (what became) BT and spent a few weeks as an apprentice working in Birmingham Anchor, the underground nuclear bunker telephone exchange beneath Birmingham. (I don't think it's secret any more? If it is I guess guys in black suits will be knocking on my door very shortly!). And yes, there's one under many of the major cities in the UK. (I'm just making it worse for myself aren't I?). My mum was terrified for me, she somehow imagined than me working in a nuclear hardened telephone exchange made the threat of nuclear war somehow greater. Mind you, given how little I knew back then and how much sercure kit there was down there she might have been right...!
Mum’s are special. We were staying on the Gulf (west) Coast of Florida. Mum was concerned that we would get caught up in the forest fires that were raging through California, as that was also on the west coast.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
if it gets that warm in the summer in my flat all the windows are slung wide open to cool it down :ROFLMAO:
Strange thing is, I'll happily walk around Canada at -35ºC in the same jeans & jacket that I do at 0ºC in the UK - just seems to be a 'different' type of cold.

The under-floor heating is not on all day - just in the mornings from about November to March...and we'll turn it on all day if our fingers start going black.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I am originally from Southampton, spent a few years at university in Nottingham, a few years commuting to Aberdeen in the 1990s and now live in darkest Aberdeenshire. We are now entering dark winter, as light winter has drawn to a close.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
yeah.. thats sized for a hallway heater alright.. what happened to the one in the lounge? i suspect you had a larger one in the lounge. did it break?
Prior to me moving in here i think there was one as well as a large electric panel which is dead, hence the oil filled

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nice. Have an uncle & aunt in Perth. A nephew in Melbourne and cousins in Sydney.

Yet, I have no desire to ever visit Australia. I think it's just too darn far.
That's the only thing wrong with the place. I went back in around 2008 I think for 3 weeks, absolutely loved it, drove down the Great Ocean Road from Melbourne down south in a 4 x 4 with a couple of friends stopping at hostels and restaurants along the way. Either we were very lost or the road is just underdeveloped in areas but a lot of it was just through the brush on a dirt track, was very cool.