Where is the Download documentation?

simcoo

New laptop arriving today (Lafite Pro) so I thought I'd do things properly and look at the Download section of the PCS website for my purchase. I found 13 downloads, the majority look like drivers that I assume are already loaded. There's a curious one called W10_Numlock_fix.zip containing one file: "W81_Numlock_fix.reg". Maybe I need this to fix a Num Lock bug? Normally I'd "self-help" but there's no documentation that I can find about this.

So I guess this is a question in 2 parts:
1. Do I need the W10_Numlock_fix.zip?
2. Is there any documentation for the Downloads?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm not absolutely certain what that numlock fix is for, but some laptops with numeric pads find that the NumLock function is not turned on when you boot and thus you can't use the numeric pad for entering the Windows 10 PIN code. I suspect this is the same issue for you.

The .zip file has extracted to a .reg file - these are registry updates and to apply them you simply double click it. If you're cautions and want to know what's in that .reg file and what registry changes it will make then open the file in Notepad, it's just a text file. There will probably be documentation in there to tell you what the registry update does.

If your NumLock key comes on when you boot (or if you don't have a separate number keypad) then you probably don't need this fix. :)

simcoo

I'm not absolutely certain what that numlock fix is for, but some laptops with numeric pads find that the NumLock function is not turned on when you boot and thus you can't use the numeric pad for entering the Windows 10 PIN code. I suspect this is the same issue for you.

The .zip file has extracted to a .reg file - these are registry updates and to apply them you simply double click it. If you're cautions and want to know what's in that .reg file and what registry changes it will make then open the file in Notepad, it's just a text file. There will probably be documentation in there to tell you what the registry update does.

If your NumLock key comes on when you boot (or if you don't have a separate number keypad) then you probably don't need this fix. :)
Thanks for the info. I bet that issue has led some on a merry dance!

simcoo

If you ordered with windows it should be all configured out of the box.
Whilst I agree, this isn't always the case. I bought a PCS Initia for a family member last year and the keyboard backlight control panel wasn't installed on delivery.