Where to get Headsets fixed?

After having my turtle beach x11 braking on me, I bought a Turtle Beach PX21 and have had it for I think a year. Today the wire has snapped which I have tried to repair temporarily but is still not working, does anyone know somewhere I can post it to to get the wire replaced or just fixed?

Here is a pic:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Check to see if manufacturer warranty came with the product (normally in the box).

If not, it's probably going to be the sort of thing were the amount you'd pay for labour + postage charges negates the point of getting it fixed and would therefore be better off with a new set...

Check to see if manufacturer warranty came with the product (normally in the box).

If not, it's probably going to be the sort of thing were the amount you'd pay for labour + postage charges negates the point of getting it fixed and would therefore be better off with a new set...

They warranty doesn't cover cable damage as I guess it's a common thing. I won't be spending above £30 and I won't be going for a turtle beach.

I've heard this is a good one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics...g-Headset/dp/B0079G2Y2A/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Plantronics normally get good reviews so it could be a good choice, just remember you pay for what you get, a £20 headset isn't likely to be as well built as a £50 one meaning you could be in the same position in 6 months time.

I agree though, stay clear of Turtle beach, I always found them to be over-rated and extremely uncomfortable from the ones I've tried.

I'll try fixing it again if not I will get that headset. I would rather have a £20 break on me every year than a £50 one.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hmm, i've had my tritton ax pro's for over two years now with no problems to the actual headset.

So you could look into some of their products? they do have some cheaper models.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I'll try fixing it again if not I will get that headset. I would rather have a £20 break on me every year than a £50 one.

My point was that a £50 headset may actually last longer than a year whereas buying cheap ones every 6-12 months could work out as false economy :)