Where to put WIFI ?

rorbjo

It'll be some machine, that's for sure.

With your use in mind I definitely wouldn't have recommended that case though. You're going to have 2 mahhooosive cards stacked directly on top of one another, stacked directly above the PSU.

I would have looked at a full tower to pack in that much hardware. I'm surprised the 570X was recommended to be honest. It's a stunning case, no doubt..... but it's an enthusiast level case with heavy gaming use in mind. This is another level IMO.

Edit: I would go as far as to say this is one of the VERY few times where I would actually have considered a liquid cooling system with 2 GPU blocks.

I was actualy concerned about the how tight it all was Scotster. do you think it would be ok or is it actually going to overheat ?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you don't already own your 2nd GPU there'd be an argument for getting a blower card and installing that at the bottom.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was actualy concerned about the how tight it all was Scotster. do you think it would be ok or is it actually going to overheat ?

You'll be at the very limit of what that case can provide, that's for sure.

I genuinely wouldn't have gone down that route personally. With a single card in the top slot it would be fine. Especially having the AIO cooler on there working to keep the airflow going round the case.

Nothing will break, I don't think you will have any concerns there as there are lots of safeguards in place.

Do you have a build list? What cooler is on the CPU? Is it the H115i Platinum?

rorbjo

You'll be at the very limit of what that case can provide, that's for sure.

I genuinely wouldn't have gone down that route personally. With a single card in the top slot it would be fine. Especially having the AIO cooler on there working to keep the airflow going round the case.

Nothing will break, I don't think you will have any concerns there as there are lots of safeguards in place.

Do you have a build list? What cooler is on the CPU? Is it the H115i Platinum?

rorbjo

here ye go Scotster, ignore the ram I had my own :)

Attachments

• 2020-01-17 14_51_07-Order 1650960 Dispatched! - rorybjorkmanart@gmail.com - Gmail.jpg
    2020-01-17 14_51_07-Order 1650960 Dispatched! - [email protected] - Gmail.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 73

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That is an absolute monster build. Is it 64GB of 3200Mhz RAM you've got? No Cache/Scratch drive?

I think the cooler is going to struggle to maintain boost clocks when rendering to be honest. See how it goes though.

The H100x is an awesome cooler, really great. The 3950X is a different beast though. Couple in the silent fans, that aren't as efficient as the normal ones, and it will operate below it's ideal performance. The H100i RGB Platinum has a revised cooling plate that makes it more efficient, it also comes with matched ML fans (silent). The next level up, the H115i RGB Platinum, is a larger radiator with larger fans but with the same cooling plate. It's the cooler I have on my system on the notoriously toasty 9900K. It would be a far more fitting selection for a chip like this.

With really good cooling in place the throughput from that chip is insane. Given the budget and professional use I definitely think a custom loop cooling solution for the CPU & GPUs would have been the better choice. The H100X is low-balling.

It all depends on how taxing your processes are though. For all that I know it could run absolutely sweet :D