which case should I get?

Barbs

I've bought a desktop pc recently, and I seemed to have chosen a case that has very loud fans that I can't reconfigure. I'm waiting for a response from pcs, see if they can assist with this. But I think I'll have to go with a different case altogether.

Does anyone know if I am able to send the computer back to pcs to have the case switched? And if so, what are the additional costs?

Also, I would appreciate advice on what case to get instead. I need something that is as quiet as possible, as I work from the computer 9+ hours a day, and I really need something that won't drive me crazy with the noise.

Thanks!

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I've bought a desktop pc recently, and I seemed to have chosen a case that has very loud fans that I can't reconfigure. I'm waiting for a response from pcs, see if they can assist with this. But I think I'll have to go with a different case altogether.

Does anyone know if I am able to send the computer back to pcs to have the case switched? And if so, what are the additional costs?

Also, I would appreciate advice on what case to get instead. I need something that is as quiet as possible, as I work from the computer 9+ hours a day, and I really need something that won't drive me crazy with the noise.

Thanks!
Might be useful if you tell us what case you have now ?

Barbs

I genuinely don't know how to do that, and I'm not confident enough to go rummage inside the case on my own. And I don't have anyone who could do that for me. So, I thought sending it back to pcs would be my best (safest) option.

Barbs

Of course, I'll have to find a way to change the fans if I am unable to swap the case. But I wanna see if swapping is an option first.

Rakk

The Awesome
If you have already received it then generally any changes/upgrades through them need to be done through the upgrade system (where you can send it in (for a fee) or add the new component yourself) and they do not do case changes through the upgrade system as it would involve taking the whole thing apart and starting from scratch again - ie its not a simple upgrade.

You could give PCS a call and see if they can suggest anything else though.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Changing fans is not overly complex, it mostly comes down to 4 screws per fan and plugging the power and RGB cables into the correct slots on the board. I've gone through the process myself a couple of months ago. I'm sure we can guide you on the steps.