Which ISP do you use

Stappa

Enthusiast
I'm one of those rare people who's still with the same ISP since 1999(I think) 10 years 'ish' I've never changed as I've never had a single problem with them and they are the cheapest company that supply every thing I need

24 MB/S Broadband(I average around 15mb/s) + Unlimited D/L usage + free local,national,international calls + Line Rental for £29.99 a month(they also supply a Netgear DGN 2000 N Router for nothing every 18 months)

And before u guys ask........... AOL(Platinum 3 Package)

Last edited:

jez

We've just moved from sky (8mb + line rental and cheap calls etc) to talktalk 20mb, similar deal for about £2 a month more but we have a reserved line in the exchange so shouldnt get the drop outs we got with sky at peak times and its hitting about 16.5mb so happy enough at that.

Sleinous

Author Level
I would rather switch ISP completely if I'm honest. Problem is, I'm bound by a 2 year contract :/

The iplate is free thouh and does work. If you have no cable, switching isp wont help as its the state of the telephone line, distance from exhange and, interference from analog ringer than ruin mbps connection time and speed

crawlerbasher

Silver Level Poster
I'm on the Virgin 50MB :D

938928800.png

Rakk

The Awesome
945588902.png

Given I'm on the Virgin 10MB line, I'm happy, noting that I've just tested it at pretty much prime time :)

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
Started with dial up/Telewest/blueyonder/virgin on 20mb, see not point getting 50mb as they choak your speed when you download 3 gig or so.

Sleinous

Author Level
I'm on the Virgin 50MB :D

938928800.png

I despise your fibre optics.

They went down a road near us with fibreoptics. Lareg virgin vans there and stuff. All those delays for me for what? NOTHING!!!! Grrrr

Meanwhile....1km north on our busy little road with 10 houses and a large caravan site and mobile home plot round the corner we have...telephone lines...wait for it...from according to BT 'WWII'. Great, reassuring, surprised I even get 700Kb/s down 'em. If I see them in flames one day i'll know why lol.

crawlerbasher

Silver Level Poster
Started with dial up/Telewest/blueyonder/virgin on 20mb, see not point getting 50mb as they choak your speed when you download 3 gig or so.

Not on the 50MB there don't.
There said there is no restriction on how much you can upload/download before its choked.
So on the 20MB or lower the speed is reduced when going over there quoter.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast

50mb is uncapped and I quite regularly get speeds while downloading of 4MB/s+

h3ro

Bronze Level Poster
im on the 50mb, i have no idea how this score has came up. but hey, im not complaining haha

if i am one of the lucky ones who gets to test the 200mb line, i've never been told :p

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
im on the 50mb, i have no idea how this score has came up. but hey, im not complaining haha

if i am one of the lucky ones who gets to test the 200mb line, i've never been told :p

You must be practically living on the exchange. Either that or the tests faulty which it has been with me before :p

Sleinous

Author Level
Ye re-run :) You know, this is what I dont understand, some people get insane speeds, others get shoddy speeds lol. When i was at Uni, downloading a 700mb file took like 2 minutes, and that, for me is fast enough. So, i'd be more than pleased with say, a 10-15mbps connection. But the problem is, for that, I need that cable installed, as max on a telephone line is 8mbps -.-