Which Kit to get??

Matheen

Hi guys,

I am new to custom water cooling.

I am not sure what kit do get, between the Mid, High and Extreme. I don't know how much each one would affect my gaming.

The build I am looking at follows;

Case

Mid Kit
- CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE

High/Extreme Kit
- THERMALTAKE LEVEL 20 XT TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE

CPU

i7 10700K

Motherboard

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)

RAM

32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR 3200Mhz (2 x 16) - Dual channel

GPU - With GPU Water Block

ASUS ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER OR ASUS ROG STRIX 2080 TI (Haven't decided yet, still researching if the 2080 super is enough for 1440p gaming)

Storage

M.2 NVME SAMSUNG EVO PLUS 250GB
M.2 NVME SAMSUNG EVO PLUS 1TB
SATA 3 Drive

PSU

Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 plus GOLD ULTRA QUIET
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm looking to game at 1440p With 100+ FPS. I am also looking for something that will keep my temperatures cool. Sub 60 degrees.

I am also not sure if I need any extra case fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you guys could please advice me what Kit to go for and what kind of temperatures I will be looking at, it would help a lot. I am looking for something long term.

I mostly play Apex, CoD MW (Warzone), WoW to name a few.

If I have missed anything, please let me know.

Thank you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For gaming it wouldn't be recommended to get custom watercooling, it's just not required, very expensive and takes a lot of maintenance at regular additional cost (you have to send the unit back once a year to get it drained and refilled).

Plus you're limited to Intel chips which are a bad choice these days.

These custom jobs are really for rendering rigs or data science applications.

Matheen

For gaming it wouldn't be recommended to get custom watercooling, it's just not required, very expensive and takes a lot of maintenance at regular additional cost (you have to send the unit back once a year to get it drained and refilled).

Plus you're limited to Intel chips which are a bad choice these days.

These custom jobs are really for rendering rigs or data science applications.

Okay thanks for the reply. What do you recommend I get in terms of specification then (something that will be future proof at 1440p at around 100 fps+). Also, what types of temps would I be looking at without the customer watercooling and what CPU cooler do you recommend? How many fans should I have on the case to keep it running at an optimal level.

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay thanks for the reply. What do you recommend I get in terms of specification then (something that will be future proof at 1440p at around 100 fps+). Also, what types of temps would I be looking at without the customer watercooling and what CPU cooler do you recommend? How many fans should I have on the case to keep it running at an optimal level.

Thanks
What monitor are you pairing it with? Make and model if possible.

What's your maximum budget?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would suggest giving yourself a much higher budget for the monitor and getting a 1440 Ultrawide, gives you a much better gaming experience.

Something like this:

Or bit cheaper:

And pair that with the review PC Myrmidon-II with 2080 Super and 10900k @ £1850 which normally would cost just under £2100:

Overall that would be a far better experience.

Matheen

Yeah I really wanted an ultra wide but unfortunately don’t have the room for it. Will the 2080 super be enough for 1440 or should I go 2080 ti. Thanks for the build btw

if I did go for ultra wide surely I wouldn’t get enough FPS from a 2080 super right?

also the acre nitro doesn’t have g sync?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I really wanted an ultra wide but unfortunately don’t have the room for it. Will the 2080 super be enough for 1440 or should I go 2080 ti. Thanks for the build btw

if I did go for ultra wide surely I wouldn’t get enough FPS from a 2080 super right?

also the acre nitro doesn’t have g sync?
If it's a 1440p then a 2070 Super is more than enough.

2080 Super would be fine for 1440 Ultrawide.

The Acer has Freesync, same as GSync but AMD's version of it, works the same.