Which Optimus IV will be better for me 15" or 17"

Pagey

Bright Spark
Hi there,

I'm looking at getting the Optimus IV for crimbo and was wondering if the 15" or 17" version would be better for me.

I'd prefer to get the 15" version as it would fit into my current laptop bag nicely, but if I got the 17" I'd also need to get a new bag as well. I know the screen resolutions on both versions are exactly the same, would the 15" version be harder to view if the dpi is higher?

I also noticed the dedicated buttons on the 17" version don't appear to be on the 15" version, what are they and do they exist on the 15" version?

Also I know a few people already have the Optimus IV already, how do you people find it for gaming?

Thanks peeps,

Pagey

Yamikotai

Expert
I know the screen resolutions on both versions are exactly the same, would the 15" version be harder to view if the dpi is higher?
Depends on your eyesight, but as long as you up the DPI slightly in the Windows settings (PCS do this for you if you get it with Windows) it's perfectly fine to read everything.

I also noticed the dedicated buttons on the 17" version don't appear to be on the 15" version, what are they and do they exist on the 15" version?
Those are switches for things like WiFi and Bluetooth, I believe. They do also exist on the 15" version, just as alternative keys you need to press Fn to work.

Most people decide between 15" and 17" depending on if they'll be carrying it places. It's unlikely you'll want to carry the 17" very far - 17" laptops tend to be pretty bulky and heavy and designed more as desktop replacements than portable systems.

Pagey

Bright Spark
Cheers for that, I appreciate it. Considering there isn't much more of a benefit to having the 17" so I'll be getting the 15". :)