Which ssd?

todd89

Bronze Level Poster
Intel 80, 120gb intel 320 or Kingston 120gb Hyperx for an i7 quad core laptop configured on here

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Depends how much storage you need and your budget. My choise would be an Intel 160GB 320 series. Good capacity vs performance vs price.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Personnaly, I have other preferences (corsair force GT, if I could get one in the uk, I would get a mushkin chronos but they are hard to get here). However, I would go for the Kingston 120GB. Uses latest sandforce technology and is brilliant all round. However, as long as you get a 6GB/s one, it is then just down to the brand and its customer service and reliability and the space and money. Think of these aspects before getting an SSD, all SSDs are mind blowingly fast, you won't be disappointed!

todd89

Bronze Level Poster
It's between the 120 Kingston and intel 320/120?

Please help as I got till tonight lol

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
if you can afford the extra £20 for the kingston id say that, i couldnt afford this so stuck with the 320, but either will be amazingly fast compared to a standard drive

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Kingston 120GB would be my choice. Also, is it possible that pcs could stock different brands and types like 60 or 90GB 6GB/s ones for boot drives?

I just received my laptop with a Kingston 120GB this week and I have to say I'm really impressed. It's amazingly fast. ATTO confirms 500-550+MB/s with extremely steady transfers. Even transferring 512 bytes is shockingly fast too.
Obviously I can't comment on the long-term use, but it's definitely impressive.