Whiskey 🥃

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It's just called Jameson Crested now mate and I think it's part of the Caskmates line with a new label, I'm a fan of it too anything aged in a sherry cask I tend to enjoy
Wahey! Why do research when you can get a helpful soul on the forum to do the work for you?

Thanks, man.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Redbreast is made by them too it's their more premium line if you want something really good. For the quality of the booze it's extremely reasonably priced, I did pay €120 for a bottle of the Limted Edition Laustau Edition which was something else but the standard 12 year single pot is around £40 and worth every penny

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
@Steveyg and @AgentCooper Yeah, I don't go to bars or anything so I'd need to buy a whole bottle....£25 seems a bit much just to see if I like something. Although Amazon do seem to have a vast collection of miniatures:

Whisky Miniatures
If I was to recommend one if you really wanted to try it, I would go with this

D

Deleted member 41971

the Ron Swanson edition

TV Time - Catastrophe (2015) S03E04 - Episode 4 (TVShow Time)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Jameson for day to day, Lagavulin if I'm being posh (even had the Ron Swanson edition, once or twice)
Lagavulin has been a firm favourite of mine since my early twenties, I can always go back to it. It never seems to be on sale these days, though. So it’s not one I can just pick up on a whim.

Talisker is as reliable as ever, if we have guests who want a malt (and more importantly, if I like said guests) I’ll serve them that.

I love Bruichladdich but I hate what they’ve done with the bottles since the rebrand. I’m buying a classy whisky, not a seafoam green Fender, for god’s sake.

0EDF7FEC-15AB-4AAD-BB71-B720786ED021.png

80D471CE-E55D-4A6C-98B8-8D061990A6E8.jpeg

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Bruichladdich, Lagavulin and Talisker are good choices of whiskies to drink. i'd prefer the Talisker over the other 2. and yes the bottle of Bruichladdich is off-putting

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Since you two helped me spec my PC, you can have them on me 😜
It's going like a dream, BTW(y)
Ta! I’ll DM you mine and Martin’s addresses when the time is right. I imagine that’ll be a recorded delivery situation, there’d be varying amounts of devastation if the Amazon Prime delivery guy just lobbed it against the front door 😮

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They look great, to bad i can't have it for my PhD defense.
It would have be cool to have them to drink my gift to me, a 1991 27 years old mortlach (the 30 years of signatory vintage limited edition)

polycrac

Rising Star
They look great, to bad i can't have it for my PhD defense.
It would have be cool to have them to drink my gift to me, a 1991 27 years old mortlach (the 30 years of signatory vintage limited edition)
What's your field? I think the viva was the second most scared I've been in my life, after my wedding. Do enjoy it if you can, though, it will probably be the last time in your life you can talk for hours, in detail about your work to an audience that cares AND understands. I always think they should frame the viva as a reward instead of a test!

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Neuroscience and Ergonomics (or human factor engineering)
What's the viva ? the phd defense ?
For now, I think that the moment I pushed the "send" button was the more intense (for now)
I'll see what will happend next tuesday XD (the one in 8 days)

And to be honest, i don't see it as a test, nor a reward, but mor or less as the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to present your work ...
I'm not sure if i'm clear ^^"

(anyway, i'll add my final thought in 8 days XD)

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Soooooo
It look like my work was deemed worth of praise ...
I don't really know how it is in the UK, but i have now a PhD with honors (or, congratulations of the jury)
So, i'm on cloud nine
And i finally tasted it, this beautiful, perfect, gorgeous, delicious whisky (that cost me an arm, but it's worth it :D) :

whisky_pcs.jpg

The smell was so sweat
The first tast is a bit rough (but, for a 52% whisky, it's pretty normal i think)
but after that, it's a nectar of god XD
I definitely need to try it an other time ^^

Oh, and yeah, to conclude, i'm really really happy to have this phd after 3 hours in front of the 7 members of my jury, with the 2 and half hours of "hard-to-answer" question
But it was definitely worth it

edit : why 1991, because it's my year of birth and why 2018, because i started my phd this year ;)