Who's excited for RTX Super?

DannyWanny

PCS Marketing
Staff member
The review embargos have lifted for RTX 2070/2060 SUPER! What's your thoughts on the new RTX range? :3

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2080-super/

rtxsuper.jpg

zapaz

Looking forward to this,will be adding it to my order,i am still running a GTX 760 :(

Well i added the 2070 super to my build and its £100 more,i thought they were the same price as the standard 2070,cant afford it now,oh well

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Though an RTX 2060 Super is basically an RTX 2070 in performance and £50 cheaper, so go with that instead

Potatoguru

Bronze Level Poster
They've just been released on the configurator, although they won't be in stock until the 12th for the 2060 Supers and the 23rd for the 2070 Supers.

zapaz

Though an RTX 2060 Super is basically an RTX 2070 in performance and £50 cheaper, so go with that instead
Well with nvidia stating that it would be the same price as a standard 2070 i was hoping to get a better card for the same price,as nvidia intended
Shame really, going to have to buy the build without the card for now

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It could be that the 2070's price dropped a bit to clear inventory before the new cards launched. And if they launched the 2070 Super at MSRP or a little over, that accounts for some of the difference.

Also you can usually find GPUs cheaper on the shelves than PCS's prices - sometimes by a lot (their Vega prices stayed way high for a long time after regular prices had come down), sometimes only by a little and by searching extensively. At least you have the option to source and fit your card of choice I suppose :)

zapaz

Do you only do one 2070 super?

adding a 2070 is £460 more and the "super" is £552 more,i was hoping it would come in at under £500 or thereabouts
so yeah,going to add my own,still going to get my system here as you come highly recommended

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I can't answer to "you" as I'm not PCS :) but PCS only offer the GPU generically e.g. "RX 580" Not "Sapphire RX 580 Model N".

Which model of GPU you get depends on what they have sourced at the time. Nvidia GPUs are usually Palit or Zotac.

They do sell some specific models of some GPUs. Used to be EVGA FTW, currently Asus Strix or sometimes dual. But these have stonking price premiums attached to them such that they usually cost fairly close to the GPU that's a tier above.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
RTX 2080 Super is out, and on sale on PCS. Reviews seem to show it being ~5-6% faster (Gamersnexus say 4-9% in their tests).

Thankfully it's only £15 more than the RTX 2080 non-super at the moment. So anyone buying a balanced PC with this card is getting a modest performance bump for ~1% extra price or less. Nothing to be exited about but a valid return for anyone who was waiting on the Super a couple extra days before ordering :)