Why are the displayed temperatures so different?

SColie

Bronze Level Poster
As per the subject. I am guessing the lower picture temperature (higher degree's) is more accurate as its from the AMD processor?? If this assumption is correct should I set the fans to come on earlier on the iCUE software?
Thanks

20210504_192635.jpg

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
As per the subject. I am guessing the lower picture temperature (higher degree's) is more accurate as its from the AMD processor?? If this assumption is correct should I set the fans to come on earlier on the iCUE software?
Thanks

View attachment 25831
Are you sure it's not showing the liquid temperature on the top right?

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
There are different temperature sensors availble for CPU reporting. The CPU Package seems to be the most useful - but there are others including the CPU socket temperature whcih I find runs about 10 degrees behind the package. If you can find the package sensor in iCue and run your profile from that - it would be best.

My Fan Profile in AI Suite only uses the socket tepmerature, so I have all my curves set to kick in 10 degrees earlier to compensate.

SColie

Bronze Level Poster
Are you sure it's not showing the liquid temperature on the top right?
Don't know, and I dont think it is as it never gets below 25 degrees. I could be wrong though as we have got a very warm house..😊

SColie

Bronze Level Poster
There are different temperature sensors availble for CPU reporting. The CPU Package seems to be the most useful - but there are others including the CPU socket temperature whcih I find runs about 10 degrees behind the package. If you can find the package sensor in iCue and run your profile from that - it would be best.

My Fan Profile in AI Suite only uses the socket tepmerature, so I have all my curves set to kick in 10 degrees earlier to compensate.
I will have a look.. Thanks

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I will have a look.. Thanks
HWInfo will give you a little more help to find the right sensor because it will name them more accurately. So yo could try running HWInfo and see which sensor reading matches the one in iCue most closely - then hopefully you can figure out what's what.

SColie

Bronze Level Poster
HWInfo will give you a little more help to find the right sensor because it will name them more accurately. So yo could try running HWInfo and see which sensor reading matches the one in iCue most closely - then hopefully you can figure out what's what.
Is that from the command prompt? 🤔.. sorry not done this fie a while..

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Don't know, and I dont think it is as it never gets below 25 degrees. I could be wrong though as we have got a very warm house..😊
Not even in idle? I'm in light usage right now and I'm at 25 degrees