why can't I order my new PC because the 3060 ti is "pre-order only"?

Ed Halliwell

I don't understand why I cannot order my PC. i understand that the 3060 ti is currently out of stock and is pre-order only. however, I don't know how to pre order my pc. i tried doing research but all i see is people joining queues, but I do not myself understand how to join a queue?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Unfortunately the 3060ti is out of stock and actually greyed out on the system and is therefore not allowing you to proceed at the moment by including that in your selection.

The only way therefore would be to speak to someone at PCS directly in case there is a reason that they are not accepting new orders at the moment on the 3060ti or if its just an issue with the configurator.

Joining the queue is just basically when you have placed your order.

Try the webchat on a weekday or try giving them a call when they are open, although wait times on the phone at the moment can be a while unfortunately.

Citrus_9

Expert
One of the possible reasons could be that they can't cope with demand and it's one of the ways to manage the queues. Or they are getting stock delays or don't want to have a certain number of orders in pre-order... It's the way they make and manage business. Due to covid and also high demand it seems reasonable to me.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Previously I was able to place an order with only items that were in stock - and then immediately afterwards go back into the order and amend it by changing an item to an out of stock option (which in fact wasn't even listed in the configurator as an option during the intial order).

I don't know if that functionality still exists now mind you.....

Ed Halliwell

Unfortunately the 3060ti is out of stock and actually greyed out on the system and is therefore not allowing you to proceed at the moment by including that in your selection.

The only way therefore would be to speak to someone at PCS directly in case there is a reason that they are not accepting new orders at the moment on the 3060ti or if its just an issue with the configurator.

Joining the queue is just basically when you have placed your order.

Try the webchat on a weekday or try giving them a call when they are open, although wait times on the phone at the moment can be a while unfortunately.
Okay thanks!

Merke

Do keep in mind though a lot of us have been waiting 30-35 working days+ for those cards. So if you do go ahead be prepared to settle in for the long war.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I could be completely wrong but I believe the "Pre-order" option relies on the count of parts actually on back order.

For example, a 3060Ti marked as Pre-Order could have a breakdown like this.....

In stock - 8
On Order - 120
Current Orders - 100
Availability for pre-order - 28

For something marked as Pre-Order, but greyed out, it potentially looks as follows:

In stock - 8
On Order - 120
Current Orders - 128
Availability for pre-order - 0

Of course, this is me surmising but I believe this is the case. Until another order from the supplier is accepted, to boost up the "on order" figure, the item will remain greyed out.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I could be completely wrong but I believe the "Pre-order" option relies on the count of parts actually on back order.

For example, a 3060Ti marked as Pre-Order could have a breakdown like this.....

In stock - 8
On Order - 120
Current Orders - 100
Availability for pre-order - 28

For something marked as Pre-Order, but greyed out, it potentially looks as follows:

In stock - 8
On Order - 120
Current Orders - 128
Availability for pre-order - 0

Of course, this is me surmising but I believe this is the case. Until another order from the supplier is accepted, to boost up the "on order" figure, the item will remain greyed out.
Yeah that would make perfect sense