Why doesn't my 2080ti have a backplate on it?

The title really. I've just taken delivery of my new rig and for some reason, my GPU doesn't have a back plate on it and it's really ruining the overall aesthetics of the build. Is this normal! Everything I've read suggests the card should come with a stock back plate.

🥴🥴🥴

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The title really. I've just taken delivery of my new rig and for some reason, my GPU doesn't have a back plate on it and it's really ruining the overall aesthetics of the build. Is this normal! Everything I've read suggests the card should come with a stock back plate.

🥴🥴🥴
Depends which model it is?

If you load gpu-z it will tell you exactly which model it is.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Specifically, if you load GPU-Z, and then click the Lookup button. Post the link to the techpowerup page it opens here.

Many models do have some kind of backplate, not all. PCS tend to use Palit or Zotac GPUs. The Palit Dual doesn't have a backplate.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster

Zotac's page makes it look like it has a backplate. Assuming Zotac haven't changed that, anyway.

Some backplates hinder rather than help temps.. I've no idea which would be the case for that card.

Perhaps call PCS and ask why the Zotac twin fan GPU doesn't have a backplate when Zotac's site makes it look like it ought to.