Why i will never buy an apple product again!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
phandroid.com/2012/07/17/newly-granted-apple-user-interface-patent-could-cause-headaches-for-android-camp/

Trying to destroy the competition with patents is ridiculous, until they stop, i wont be buying anymore of their products!

They know that they cant dominate the market so they do this, watch out PCS, your white cases will be next on their list of patents

Xoil

apple-we-totally-invented-slide-to-unlock.png

Apple are just scared that people can over take them.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I think seeing as this has been accepted i will apply for a few myself

-the human body
-the house
-the chair

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
The apple (the fruit) are named after Apple (the company), because Steve Jobs got fed up of oranges all the time, so invented a new fruit.

True story.

(Isaac Newton was not hit on the head by an apple, because they weren't invented until 1985...rewriting history too! :D )

stegor

Bright Spark
The apple (the fruit) are named after Apple (the company), because Steve Jobs got fed up of oranges all the time, so invented a new fruit.

True story.

(Isaac Newton was not hit on the head by an apple, because they weren't invented until 1985...rewriting history too! :D )

Similarly there were only 25 letters in the alphabet before Steve hit on the idea of the letter "i" that he could stick in front of lots of other words and thus charge extortionate amounts for his products.
It also meant that until 1985 we could only talk about ourselves in the third person.

Tom DWC

Aha, typical Apple. They're always being protectionist, take the Google Chrome release on iOS recently. I would use it all the time instead of Safari if it wasn't for the Javascript performance. But Apple won't let it access the optimised JavaScript engine (which I assume is native to the OS) or any other browser for that matter. I actually like the fact that Apple moderate the stores content, there's way too much rubbish that should be filtered out on Android, but when it comes to things like this it has nothing to do with quality assurance and security and everything to do with nullifying the competition. And keeping people browsing on Safari.

From a business perspective who can blame them, but from a user experience I actually think it reduces the appeal of their products.

Oh, and if Microsoft tried to do something similar on Windows with IE again, you just know there would be an EU lawsuit, but when it's Apple doing the same sort of things they seem to continue to get away with it lol. :D

They're all jumping on the patent bangwagon though, not just apple, seems to be a way of waging war on eachother. Don't bother coming up with anything new, just claim ownership of something that already exists and make sure nobody else can use it.

The one thing I will always admire about Apple though, is their ability to take something that nobody cared about before, spruce it up, make it suddenly sound really cool and make it appeal to the masses. No other company like it. Though it will be interesting to see how they fare without Mr Jobs promoting in future. Really was the worlds best salesman.

Adli

Enthusiast
Similarly there were only 25 letters in the alphabet before Steve hit on the idea of the letter "i" that he could stick in front of lots of other words and thus charge extortionate amounts for his products.
It also meant that until 1985 we could only talk about ourselves in the third person.

yeah, the French had to stick an E in front of the Iffel Tower to avoid a lawsuit.

dangro474

Bright Spark
Just out curiosity, have they actually released a product since 2009 which didn't involve hillarious design choices blatantly implimented to wrinse their customers? I haven't exactly been keeping up to date with them all, but some of the most recent jokes include:

- All iphones (lets be honest.)
- All Apple technical support.
- Retina display (useless).
- Thunderbolt port converters (want to plug **** in? £40 per adapter)
- Time machine (good idea, however £100 HDD + mediocre network drive enclosure = £300?)

I really want to generalise the above as everything Apple does in general :[

dangro474

Bright Spark
phandroid.com/2012/07/17/newly-granted-apple-user-interface-patent-could-cause-headaches-for-android-camp/

Ok' just read it.

It could just be poorly worded, however there is not a CHANCE in hell that the patent will be accepted or enforceable.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I don't get why people buy apple stuff! It's all over priced crap!

Thats the other point im making by no longer buying their products, now they are apparently going to be setting up their own network that will be iPhone exclusive, and they will probably charge £60 a month for the most basic contract, and people will buy it because they think apple is the best, and that they are worth the extra £300 over an android equivalent hardware wise

Tracker

Enthusiast
As much as I hate apple, two things:

1) The iphones aren't that bad, theres a reason they're basically the number 1 smartphone at the moment. all other mac hardware / software is pretty diabolical (O.k, you could make a case for ipods too.)

2) Google(Android) Samsung Microsoft and all the other big suits are just as guilty of this as each other.

at the end of the day, this is all just stifling any sense of innovation or creativity in the industry which means on a whole, ti's only us as consumers losing out, and a constant inflow of money for courts, lawyers and litigation.

LewisMoore

Bronze Level Poster
I think the iPhone is a good innovation as well as the iPad, its like a bigger iPhone/iPod but I find it's quite good for versatility and portability, I think that to a point the iMacs are decent but way too overpriced, the accessories are way too overpriced though and their is cheaper alternatives to these. Apart from the iPod/iPhone/iPad the rest is pretty much useless. Just saying, I own the iPhone 4, iPad 2 and iPod nano 3rd gen :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Innovation does rather require it to be new :)

iPod is just an MP3 player which existed before, and there were definitely tablets before iPads :)

All they did was stick an "i" at the start and make it white and the masses bought them in droves...doesn't technically make them better than the rest :D