Wide Gammut or Standard for 27"?

RLCCM

Hi everyone, I'm trying to choose predominantly between two monitors:
Dell UP2716D - with a wide gammut, will this actually make day to day computing look better? Or does it actually cause strange colour saturations in unexpected places? It's supposedly the more premium panel of the two but cheaper at $450

Dell U2717D - newer and very sleek, I like that it will look better in my living room but is a little more expensive $567.

I'm using the PC for general daily usage/tv streaming/youtube and some strategy style gaming (only limited amount of fps gaming as I usually use the xbox for that) but no professional applications, nor movies on the pc. I really want the best image quality in this price range, to be pleasant on the eyes. I'm also considering the possibility ofthe 5k UP2715K at $800 - for the supposedly amazing image quality, but will I actually benefit? and can win 7 handle the scaling properly?

If there are any other suggestions than I would gladly hear them, but my primary concern is for general image quality - and understand that Dells currently are well considered in this area (and I rather like my dad's U2414H). The reason I haven't looked at 4k so far is because I think the scaling at 200% would give the wrong sizes for me... (I like how they are at a native 1440p - which would be the same as 200% on a 5k monitor).

Thanks in advance!