Wifi/Download speed on a new system

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
And sadly we end up where we began.

I wouldn’t recommend going with that option you’re thinking of. It’ll still be slow. You either need to go Ethernet or hunker down and get something like the AX200. You’ll see a huge difference 🙂👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And sadly we end up where we began.

I wouldn’t recommend going with that option you’re thinking of. It’ll still be slow. You either need to go Ethernet or hunker down and get something like the AX200. You’ll see a huge difference 🙂👍
Apologies, I didn't read the history, but you were bang on back at the beginning.

This card really shouldn't be listed anymore IMHO.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
God!!! I've just noticed what wifi card you have.

That one just doesn't work in Windows 11, it's about 13 years old now and has no support in 11.

You'd need a different card, personally I'd suggest an AX200 model.
That’s what I’d been thinking, and why I linked to that thread you were heavily involved in. You’ve got the booster jab sweats, get some rest!

JasonT

When buying, i figured the setup wouldn’t be approved if the card wasn’t compatible - but what’s done is done now so i’ll pick up the ax200. thanks for all your help everyone

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When buying, i figured the setup wouldn’t be approved if the card wasn’t compatible - but what’s done is done now so i’ll pick up the ax200. thanks for all your help everyone
This is one of the reasons it's worth posting in check this spec BEFORE hitting the order button

JasonT

If someone could link me a version of the ax200 that works with my set up i’d really appreciate it, tons are selling different sorts of adapters and accessories and i only want to spend what i have to. thanks

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
go to your account page on the main website, click on your order, scroll down, click on upgrade, then from the configurator choose the AX200 from the wifi card dropdown, then add standard delivery further down and it comes out at £26.20