WiFi issues

mattsaw

Hi,

I'm really frustrated with the setup of a new desktops on my home network and am out of ideas.

I have two home networks one through a BT Home Hub and another using BT Whole Home, both using the same line.

This has worked without any problems in the past, and devices are still able to connect to each interchangeably without any issues.

I changed my desktop this weekend and have replaced this with two identical specced desktops. Originally I was getting a "Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration" error on both networks on both new machines. All old devices are still able to connect to both networks

The error message when troubleshooting is Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration

I ran through most of the suggestions here

https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12113-how-to-fix-wifi-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration-problem

And this now connects using the Home Hub network, but still fails completely with the same error on the BT Whole Home network. The BT Home Hub network will work for around 30-40 minutes and then the network adaptor drops and has to be reset.

I have also tried changing and fixing the wifi channel.
I have updated the device drivers.

The neworks still continue to work fine on all other devices.

Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-9400F (2.9GHz) 9MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® H310M-A R2.0: Micro-ATX, DDR4, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 16GB)
Graphics Card1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 730 - DVI, HDMI, VGA
1st Storage Drive256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyFSP 250W 80+ BRONZE POWER SUPPLY (For PCS 3312B BLACK Case Only)
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingSTANDARD CPU COOLER
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

mattsaw

Hi, thanks, how/where do I check this?

If it was a network issue however wouldn't it affect the other devices connecting to it?

mattsaw

I'm also getting a new errir when trying to automatically troubleshoot errors on the Home Hub network that does intermittently work

Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings Error

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm also getting a new errir when trying to automatically troubleshoot errors on the Home Hub network that does intermittently work

Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings Error
As above, you need to check it’s set to a private network on the PC

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The BT Home Hub network will work for around 30-40 minutes and then the network adaptor drops and has to be reset.
Make sure the checkbox 'Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power' isn't checked in the WiFi adapter properties.

mattsaw

When I right click the network in the system tray and select properties I don't see an option for public/private network under network profile.

When I do this on my laptop I do.

>>Make sure the checkbox 'Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power' isn't checked in the WiFi adapter properties.
This has already been tried

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When I right click the network in the system tray and select properties I don't see an option for public/private network under network profile.

When I do this on my laptop I do.
you open up network status and then go to change connection properties.

mattsaw

Yes, when I go there on the desktop the option to change the network profile is missing.

On the laptop it is there

mattsaw

I have read that the problem can be caused by 3rd party firewall software.
I have uninstalled then but still can't see an option to set the network as public/private

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I have read that the problem can be caused by 3rd party firewall software.
I have uninstalled then but still can't see an option to set the network as public/private
Make sure the Windows firewall is active and turned on in that case.

mattsaw

ToDxwVW.jpg