WiFi Not Working

nbdyaon

So I've got my new PC running nicely, all graphics drivers installed etc. But, when I boot the PC, the antenna at the back has a green light until Windows starts up, then the light goes off, and Windows doesn't detect any wireless devices. I've had to use a Netgear USB WiFi adapter to get onto this website. I could just use that but that's not the point, I paid for the wireless card so I should be able to use it! :p Anyone know what's up with that?

dogbot

Bright Spark
Specifically, was the driver for the wireless card installed. Go to Control panel/ Device Manager and look at the network adapters. Is there anything wrong indicated such as a yellow triangle.

nbdyaon

The PC doesn't even register the antenna existing or being plugged in. It's not in the Device Manager window.

dogbot

Bright Spark
So you can see the Netgear USB adapter but not the wireless card in Device Manager.

Is the card properly inserted. It may have shaken loose during transit.

Androcles

Rising Star
Take off the side panel of your PC and whichever circuit board has something like the below picture plugged into at the back of your PC is your wifi card, check to see if that is firmly seated in its socket.

31iWOb0bcTL._SY300_.jpg

nbdyaon

20141224_160155.jpg20141224_160204.jpg

There's an image from underneath where the antenna plugs in and one from above. Everything looks fine to me...