Wifi problems on Ultranote V

KFC man

Hi. I recently bought a Ultranote V laptop to use for linux ubuntu. So I put ubuntu 20.04 on a bootable USB and tried it out but the wifi doesn't work :O . Idk it just doesn't connect to any wifi so I googled around and tried to nomodeset and it didn't work either? I don't know if I put it in right because ubuntu looked the same and stuff but I'm assuming it just doesn't work. The laptop has no LAN port either so I can't put in the lan cable and have ethernet and just pull up the software & updates thing and install the drivers. Please help me? I love u xoxoxo

The laptop:
Chassis & display: Ultranote series 14" mat full HD IPS 60HZ 45% NTSC LED
CPU: Intel pentium 4core N5000
RAM: 8GB ram 2400 mhz
Graphics card: Intel hd graphics 1,7 GB max DDR4 video
256GB SSD adata su800 M2 2280
ohhhh and the wifi card: Wireless intell wifi 6 AX200

and a whole lot of other stuff that probably doesn't matter!

Strontium

Not too sure about ubuntu but maybe try this in a terminal:

username$ ip link

Should output a loopback and a wlan0 (or other wlan). If it doesn't say UP anywhere, but does say wlan(something) type:

username$ ip link set wlan0 up

Replace wlan0 with whatever the wireless looks like if it isn't wlan0.

If those don't work it is either a driver or a hardware issue.

KFC man

Ok I'm SUPER late but the above didn't work and I asked around on other places and they said that it's normal the intell wifi 6 AX200 card is linux uncompatible out of the box! So it can be fixed by compiling the drivers apparently :D idk if that's true but I'm gonna try and if it works I will update!!!!!

Strontium

1600699668057.png

Also confirm that the WiFi card works on linux, so it might be that the drivers are not available on the live USB for some reason or you have another problem. The driver you need is iwlwifi