Will this PC build run modern games at high settings?

Mathewbarna

GPU- ASUS Radeon R7 260X OC Edition 2GB
CPU- Intel Core i3 4160
RAM- Kingston Hyper X Fury HX318C10FK2/8 8GB (2x4GB) Blue
MotherBoard- MSI H81M-E34 Motherboard
CPU cooler- CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler
Powersupply- Aerocool VP750 750W True Power

Its a budget build, trying to keep the price under $900
I just want too know if this build run most games like DayZ and GTA 5 at high settings.

Last edited:
D

Distinct

It will struggle, at 1080P you will not get 60 + frames with high settings and on brand new games such as the Witcher etc you will struggle very much.

Older games will be fine

D

Distinct

Very specific question, I would say yes... but take it with a grain of salt. You might see frame drops lower than 30FPS in demanding sections of the game but again, specific question. Let me look further in to it for you and I will edit my post. Just hold fire.

Edit :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAE7DrBRbA8

check that video out, I cannot listen because I am working right now but the video looks to be helpful for what you need to know. Frames displayed in the top left of his screen.

Last edited:

Mathewbarna

Thanks for that, the video really helped :)
I can personally handle playing low settings if needed as I have been using toshiba laptop to play games which resulted in me having to turn all my settings to very low and still getting below 20 frames :'(, so anything around medium settings is brilliant if you ask me! :)

D

Distinct

No problem bud,

You know what I wish I was happy at low/medium settings. I refuse to play newer games until I upgrade my rig