Will we be able to pre-order a AMD 5950X / Nvidia 3080 combo for 5 November?

lastho

Just a request, as it would be super cool to spend some time to get the spec just right with those parts in mind :)

(AMD YT link)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
No way of knowing that at this stage. Might be worth giving PCS a shout tomorrow and asking what their plans are. The only way we'll know without is when they start popping up in the configurator...

Metal3x

Can't speak about the AMDs but I have the feeling you are gonna be Unlucky for 3080s for the year if you're pre-ordering on the Gen 3 release.

Last edited by a moderator:

lastho

Can't speak about the AMDs but I have the feeling you are gonna be unlucky for 3080s for the year if you're pre-ordering on the Gen 3 release.
Sorry, but what does Out of luck mean? Googling I get very different options!

Last edited by a moderator:

MartyF

Got a reply and they hope to have the new CPUs available for selection on the configurator within the next two weeks. I also asked about brand of 3080's (if anyone else interested) and they said they most likely to be Zotac but not guaranteed.

owebru

Got a reply and they hope to have the new CPUs available for selection on the configurator within the next two weeks. I also asked about brand of 3080's (if anyone else interested) and they said they most likely to be Zotac but not guaranteed.
Great, thanks for letting us know Marty.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks good news, thanks for updating us

owebru

So the new processors have popped up on the configurator but the option is greyed out. When you try and click through to amend the order it says:

"The processor you have selected is not available for order until 2PM, 05/11/20.

Please select an alternative processor or order from the 5th November onwards."

As that's the release date one would assume that they won't have stock on the day. Seems like there might be a delay.

steaky360

PCS will have stock on order, how much is unknown though (at least to me, I'm sure at least some of the PCS guys know). But yeah, there certainly could be a delay if it goes the same way as the nVidia launch, hopefully AMD have learned that lesson from nVidia though :).

MartyF

Is a painful situation at the moment :( I really feel for the sellers as well, must be a nightmare for them.

Was debating ordering without a graphics card but if there are stock issues on the CPU as well I might just hold off on the whole thing until next year.

On the plus side, with the CPUS in the configurator was good to get an idea of price.

lastho

I have just been able to spec my system with the 4950/3080 combo :)

is there an easy way to copy/paste my selection to the forum for a peer review?