Willpower failure!!

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, I always knew willpower was overrated :)

But as a bonus to the failure of my willpower, I will be getting a spangly new 24" Iiyama LED monitor in the next day or two :).

I'm hoping I got it ordered in time for dispatch today (fingers crossed), it's time to finally retire my 6-7 year old secondary 17" monitor.

Gorman

Author Level
you are abstaining from spending? or buying a new monitor to celebrate some other failiure of willpower?

Deklore

Bright Spark
Well, if your willpower is going to fail, i say fail in style and a 24" Iiyama is definately failing in style.

Comiserations and congratulations at the same time from someone who is currently suffering from envyitis !!

Rakk

The Awesome
bah so much for us all scrounging drinks from you at I41 then :(

Depends if the drinks are subsidised at all for being at the event :)
Prices down here are a lot more expensive than up in Yorkshire (I know this cos whenever I visit my family up there, the rounds are dirt cheap).

Rakk

The Awesome
Quick question btw, anyway I can check the delivery address for this suborder, asked for it to be sent to my work address, and it probably is being sent to the address I want, was just wondering if there was anyway to check it :)

JSG10

Expert
Ah nice choice :) I went for the 22" with my order, would have gone bigger but fortunately for my wallet I don't have enough space for bigger at the moment! Cracking monitor, games and movies look fantastic on it :)

Rakk

The Awesome
Great stuff, you know youre going to set it up at work for a quick look

No, must resist .......
Anyways, I'm not sure work stuff really shows off a monitor to its best - for a start it'll remind me I'm supposed to be doing some work.....

Rakk

The Awesome
Ok, well having failed to resist getting it out of the box, it's all shiny and new and very thin, and people were giving me odd looks whilst I was grinning manically, I have at least managed to resist connecting it up to my work machine, though mainly due to the fact I'd have to faff around and screw the base together and then unscrew it afterwards to fit it back in the box.

Rakk

The Awesome
You are weak!, you know you must plug it in!

I know I'm weak, thats how come I now have a new monitor in a box under my desk :), and since my lunch is now over and I have some stupid meeting to go to, it shall stay that way, at least for a bit longer.

Anyways, finding a plug socket to plug it in would be a challenge and I've no idea which of the 15-20 plug sockets down there is my current work monitor, and no, it wont use the same power supply as my work monitor,

Rakk

The Awesome
Ok, new monitor all plugged in, and my, its bright, I'm going need to fiddle with the settings, before I have to start squinting.

Lots more screen space now :)

Rakk

The Awesome
Ok, well, here's a very fuzzy picture (my 4 year old phone doesn't take very good pictures at all).

5148306474_4290cbed3d.jpg

It's the nice new and shiny black edged monitor, still need to fiddle with the brightness/contrast a bit I think, bit dark, but I'll work that out over the weekend :)