Wimbledon 2013

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
One of the things I really look forward to every year. Anyone else following or...?

Looks like Nadal is in for a swift first round exit! Everyone is saying it's a shocker... but to be honest I'm not all that shocked. He's a shadow of what he was a few years back.

Got high hopes for Murray this year - but I'm keeping my eye on Federer. He's just simply... the greatest! Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see Murray win, really love it. Such a shame there won't be a Federer/Murray final again. I think Federer let Murray have the gold at the Olympics - really don't think he took it too seriously. Can't see Murray beating Novak though....

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I'll probably be following it. I don't think Federer has beaten a top 10 seed at all this year other than Tsonga! Not really in the best flow... But then again it is grass and anything could happen.

Would love to see Murray win but gotta think that Djokovic has the easiest run to the final and would therefore expect him to be the freshest of the bunch!

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I'll probably be following it. I don't think Federer has beaten a top 10 seed at all this year other than Tsonga! Not really in the best flow... But then again it is grass and anything could happen.

Would love to see Murray win but gotta think that Djokovic has the easiest run to the final and would therefore expect him to be the freshest of the bunch!

The thing I love about Federer is that he abosolutely LOVES Wimbledon. It is by far the most prestigious tennis tournament. Don't be surprised if he pulls out all the stops again. He still has tons of magic left in him.

I have high hopes for Murray this year... he CAN beat Federer - but Djokovic? In Djokovic's game today I'm fairly certain he wasn't really trying. It was pretty much childs-play for him. Hopefully Murray will have a very easy 2nd round match.

In other news: Laura Robson smashed the 10th seed Kirilenko (who, by the way, is very sexy). People are saying she's in with a very good chance this year... but we shall see.

Here's a picture of the stunning Maria Kirilenko:

Maria Kirilenko New Picture 2013 14.jpg

What is it with tennis players called Maria?!

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
A very exciting/intriguing game going on between Hewitt and Brown at the mo, really worthwhile watching. It's all a little 'breaking all the unwritten laws of tennis' from Brown...and Hewitt is struggling to cope.

In other news, Isner is out due to injury.

Tom DWC

A very exciting/intriguing game going on between Hewitt and Brown at the mo, really worthwhile watching. It's all a little 'breaking all the unwritten laws of tennis' from Brown...and Hewitt is struggling to cope.

In other news, Isner is out due to injury.

Hmm whatever happened to Hewitt, wasn't he world number one once or am I getting mixed up with someone else?

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
He was former Wimbledon champion, but he kinda has been a bit hit and miss the past few years. To be fair to Hewitt, I don't think he will be the only one to struggle against Brown who, as typing, has just won.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Lleyton Hewitt was ranked number one in the world, at the age of 20,he's getting on a bit now though,for a tennis player anyway.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
How's that? Because its raining? Haha.

It's all quite refreshing actually this year. Really rooting for Robson - it would be nice to see her win.

Loads of big names out! Federer, Nadal, Sharapova, Kirilenko... then Darcis dropped out after beating Nadal. Tsonga out. Hewitt out....

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
He did it!

I went absolutely mental at the telly. Also someone in another flat across the courtyard was watching it too, except our telly was a few seconds ahead, so I'm fairly certain I spoilt every single point towards the end with my cheers. I was actually watching it in a pub in Tynemouth - but we had to leave at the end of the 2nd set because the missus had to catch a train later. I literally made her run in her flipflops across Newcastle to make it back to the telly in time. Managed to get home just when it was 4-4 in the 3rd set.

AWESOME stuff Murray :D