Win a Samsung G9 and a Whole Lot More!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yes they do!

They just use it in a different context...so when something tastes metallic they say "this taste irony".
Actually I speak from second hand experience. Years ago a colleague of mine did some consultancy for some large financial institution in Washington DC. At the end of the (successful) contract the big-wigs from the company took him out to a fancy dinner.

"So Paul" said one of the big-wigs, "have you seen any of the sights whilst you've been here?".
Paul said he had and when asked what he'd seen he said "oh, the one's you'd expect, the Washington Monument, the White House, Lincoln's Memorial, the Vietnam Wall, the usual stuff".
Another big-wig asked what he'd thought of Lincoln's Memorial. Paul had a wicked sense of humour so he said "Well actually it was disappointing. They had Lincoln on his chair outside of the portico and just above the steps whilst they were cleaning".
"Really?!" exclaimed the big-wig. "Did you guys know they did that?" he asked of the other big-wigs. None of them did.
"Not only that" said Paul, straight-faced as ever, "but they've removed the word 'irony' from the dictionary".
"Really?!" exclaimed the big-wig. "Did you guys know they did that?" he asked of the other big-wigs. None of them did....

MrWilson

Godlike
Back to the contest quickly, I believe the draw is today.
Best of luck to everyone who has around 1/5-6k chance to win the peripherals of a lifetime!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Actually I speak from second hand experience. Years ago a colleague of mine did some consultancy for some large financial institution in Washington DC. At the end of the (successful) contract the big-wigs from the company took him out to a fancy dinner.

"So Paul" said one of the big-wigs, "have you seen any of the sights whilst you've been here?".
Paul said he had and when asked what he'd seen he said "oh, the one's you'd expect, the Washington Monument, the White House, Lincoln's Memorial, the Vietnam Wall, the usual stuff".
Another big-wig asked what he'd thought of Lincoln's Memorial. Paul had a wicked sense of humour so he said "Well actually it was disappointing. They had Lincoln on his chair outside of the portico and just above the steps whilst they were cleaning".
"Really?!" exclaimed the big-wig. "Did you guys know they did that?" he asked of the other big-wigs. None of them did.
"Not only that" said Paul, straight-faced as ever, "but they've removed the word 'irony' from the dictionary".
"Really?!" exclaimed the big-wig. "Did you guys know they did that?" he asked of the other big-wigs. None of them did....
Worked for a couple one of the large business management/IT consultancies (in a desktop publishing / data analysis role) for about 20 years, and we'd have some obviously intelligent employees with zero sense of humour or it seemed any common sense.

Although we had a middle-aged German consultant (who was completely racist, but surprised us all when he invited us to his marriage to a Nigerian princess 5 years later) who was chuckling as we were chauffeured around Paris trying to find this lovely, but very well hidden restaurant.

When we asked him why he was chuckling, he said (and forgive my German) "Ze last time anyvon frum my family came sru here, zey ver in ein Panzer!".

He was a bit surprised that we weren't chuckling along with him!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
A3C41CAC-7E60-4644-A105-8FF3E70824EE.jpeg