Win a Samsung G9 and a Whole Lot More!

Ram

I love this! :love:

I thought that your original post on this was a typo and you really meant that you're two friends had one each. I love it that you've turned the tables on me and you meant exactly what you wrote! :ROFLMAO:
Er..I meant what I wrote , except the bit about the other model. That was a reference to the Samsung G9 and its ability to use two different sources as video inputs. :)

* Purchasing power *
Imho -
It's rare to find couples with two of the exact same laptop ,screen,phone as inevitably one would borrow the other's laptop. Also when people spend £€$ , they prefer buying two different things..I think. Many people feel products are an extension of them/ their personality. So couples want to maintain their individuality .

Now about buying two of the same thing ...
Around August 2003 , I bought two identical hard drives from a retail shop . Two years later one failed on a Monday and the other had issues two weeks later :-( Lost a months worth of photos. Both were from the same batch. If I order/use multiple hard drives now , I try to buy them from two different suppliers. Generally only use Seagate and Western Digital .

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Er..I meant what I wrote , except the bit about the other model. That was a reference to the Samsung G9 and its ability to use two different sources as video inputs. :)

* Purchasing power *
Imho -
It's rare to find couples with two of the exact same laptop ,screen,phone as inevitably one would borrow the other's laptop. Also when people spend £€$ , they prefer buying two different things..I think. Many people feel products are an extension of them/ their personality. So couples want to maintain their individuality .

Now about buying two of the same thing ...
Around August 2003 , I bought two identical hard drives from a retail shop . Two years later one failed on a Monday and the other had issues two weeks later :-( Lost a months worth of photos. Both were from the same batch. If I order/use multiple hard drives now , I try to buy them from two different suppliers. Generally only use Seagate and Western Digital .
That's why I also use cloud backup, I've just retired a WD My Book & replaced it with a Seagate Backup+ Hub, even though all the data was fine on the WD it was kicking up warnings in device manager that drivers for it weren't installed, so i wasn't taking any chances and copied just over a TB to the Seagate

Reactions: Ram

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Everyone ,
My name is Ramesh and I am the comp. winner. What a nice bunch of people on these forums. Just wanted to say
thank you for all the nice messages here. Was reading the posts at 1am and laughed out loud. I can tell your all fans of Baldric and Mr Bean ;-)

Couldn't believe it ..still can't tbh.
The monitor arrived on Monday .
I'm waiting for the PC , I'm on a 8 day preproduction. I'm really excited by the gfx card and CPU. Ok tbh , the headphones sound amazing as well.
I've been entering PCS Gleam competitions for 4 years .
Although a fan of LEDs and lights , I prefer keeping it a bit understated.
Going to be interesting to find a nice lighting combo.
Will share photos once it all arrives as that's what the sponsors wanted.
Thanks again and look forward to chatting on here with you.

Best regards ,
Ramesh
Ps: I'll share funny delivery stories with you soon. Also , my local newsagent is a drop off store . I've got some stories to share :)
What games will you be playing so I can play beat you at them and make myself feel better for losing XD

Bhuna50

Author Level
Had to Google that model.
Wow - it was quite pricey back in the day. Was it used in a business ?
Do you still have it ?

It was our first home “PC”.

Had to wait minutes not milliseconds for games to load up on tape. LOL.

I think my dad did use it for some stuff but I was so young it was just games for me and my brothers [emoji23]

No don’t have it any more. Wish we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram

I'm waiting for my order status to say in building.

It's amazing , if it was outside the building here in London it would be gone in minutes.
🤔

Ram

Hi all,
Desktop was delivered on Weds.
I switched it on yesterday (Friday ).
Going to spend the weekend testing it out .
Initial impressions :
PCS has done a very good job on the build. The temps. are impressive .
My home office is a work in progress so will hopefully post some pics in a few weeks of the streaming setup.

I've got ROG stickers & a ROG key chain which I'm quite excited about :)

Thanks again everyone .
Wish everyone a good weekend :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi all,
Initial impressions :
My home office is a work in progress so will hopefully post some pics in a few weeks of the streaming setup.

Thanks again everyone .
Look forward to seeing it once all sorted

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,
Initial impressions :

Thanks again everyone .
Awesome! Congratulations!

You may want to have a look at this thread to put the PC through it's paces and benchmark it:

Ram

You may want to have a look at this thread to put the PC through it's paces and benchmark it:

there's

Thanks.
There's a 3d scene (in Povray ) I've been testing new desktops /laptops with for a long time .
Since 2002 I think.
Tried yesterday , it rendered in two mins.
This system is fast !
I remember that scene taking 20 mins to render 20 years ago.