Windows 10 not allowing me to execute a setup.exe from a CD

roghun

Bronze Level Poster
I'm not sure if we're allowed to ask software related questions on this Forum, but here goes:

Just received my AIO today and currently going through setting eveything up.

I've inserted my Samsung Laser Printer CD in the drive and when I attempt to execute it I get a message box saying "User Account Control . . . This App has been blocked for your protection".

According to everything I've Googled so far it seems that this is a known problem and there are various suggestions as to how to fix it.

The only one I've tried so far is to lower the strength of my User (Administrator) Control, but that's not worked.

Does anyone have any better ideas? After all, I should be able to run a setup.exe from a CD to install the Printer drivers.

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not sure if we're allowed to ask software related questions on this Forum, but here goes:

Just received my AIO today and currently going through setting eveything up.

I've inserted my Samsung Laser Printer CD in the drive and when I attempt to execute it I get a message box saying "User Account Control . . . This App has been blocked for your protection".

According to everything I've Googled so far it seems that this is a known problem and there are various suggestions as to how to fix it.

The only one I've tried so far is to lower the strength of my User (Administrator) Control, but that's not worked.

Does anyone have any better ideas? After all, I should be able to run a setup.exe from a CD to install the Printer drivers.

Thanks

It's looking for signed drivers which I'm guessing those aren't, so you need to turn off driver signature enforcement, just google on how to do it.

roghun

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks.

I've been through that (using the Troubleshoot/Restart method) and I'm afraid it still gives me the same "User Account Control . . . This App has been blocked for your protection" message box.

Don't really know where to go from here.

Any suggestions please?