WINDOWS 10 WI-FI DRIVERS

phrike

I finally got my hands on my first PC this year (horray!) but I've been having ridiculous problems with Windows Update. I lost Wi-Fi a while ago, but I rolled back an update and after a while the problem was patched.

Today it happened again. After somebody from Microsoft poked around on my computer via screenshare, they told me that there are no drivers that are compatible with my PC despite me having for it just shy of three months. I can't find my receipt so, naturally, I cannot take it back. I have the Tornado R3 Gaming PC - AMD Ryzen 3, GTX 1650, 1 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD. I have wiped it, updated it etc, and there is still no Wi-Fi capacity.

When I try installing Intel drivers/adapters for Wi-Fi, they won't register in the Device Manager either. I was told by the person at Microsoft that only the manufacturer can update the firmware and BIOS (which I need to do apparently) in order install drivers.

Does this have any merit to it? I'm not all that PC savvy, so I'm really at a loss. I have got a little Wi-Fi dongle I might be able to use, but otherwise I am at a loss.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I finally got my hands on my first PC this year (horray!) but I've been having ridiculous problems with Windows Update. I lost Wi-Fi a while ago, but I rolled back an update and after a while the problem was patched.

Today it happened again. After somebody from Microsoft poked around on my computer via screenshare, they told me that there are no drivers that are compatible with my PC despite me having for it just shy of three months. I can't find my receipt so, naturally, I cannot take it back. I have the Tornado R3 Gaming PC - AMD Ryzen 3, GTX 1650, 1 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD. I have wiped it, updated it etc, and there is still no Wi-Fi capacity.

When I try installing Intel drivers/adapters for Wi-Fi, they won't register in the Device Manager either. I was told by the person at Microsoft that only the manufacturer can update the firmware and BIOS (which I need to do apparently) in order install drivers.

Does this have any merit to it? I'm not all that PC savvy, so I'm really at a loss. I have got a little Wi-Fi dongle I might be able to use, but otherwise I am at a loss.
Can I ask, how did you contact microsoft? What method?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Here. I went contact > Entered the problem > Web chat.
Fair enough. I've never known Microsoft not be able to configure windows, that's all, seems odd.

I have no idea what they meant by needing to update the BIOS either, that has no relevance whatsoever to drivers.

Based on the above, just being entirely paranoid about security, and because you've got nothing to lose, I would do another clean install of windows with a USB key:

Firstly delete all existing partitions on your OS drive and install to the remaining space.

Then, you'll need to connect via LAN cable initially, run windows update repetitively until there are none left.

Don't install any other software yet.

Then when you're at that point, post back and we'll identify what needs doing.