windows 10 worth upgrading?

dogbot

Bright Spark
Although W10 has been released to the general public, it is still work in progress with quite a few bugs. If you are quite happy with your current OS, my advice would be to wait a few months and watch what happens.

Spuff

Expert
I haven't noticed any bugs using W10. I've played GTA and AC Rogue and both have worked without any issues.
My PS3 controller is working fine.
I don't know if there is any real benefit at the moment over W8.1, but I like having something new to tinker with.

Last edited:

Spuff

Expert
Is it possible to use a live version before deciding to download or not?

I don't know what you mean by a 'live version' but if you went to a computer store you'd be able to have a go on it.
You do have an option lasting a month after upgrade to revert to W8, but I wouldn't want to count on that working.

If we want to stay on the cutting edge of gaming we have to change to W10 for DX12 at some time.

Last edited:

Stephen M

Author Level
Some OSs allow you to boot without installing, you can then try the OS before committing. The downside of doing this is they run slower than a fully installed OS.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
I haven't noticed any bugs using W10. I've played GTA and AC Rogue and both have worked without any issues.
My PS3 controller is working fine.
I don't know if there is any real benefit at the moment over W8.1, but I like having something new to tinker with.

How do you get your PS3 controller working on it? I've never used it before but feel like I now want to.

mdwh

Enthusiast
There's no "live CD" option like Linux has, but you can install on a virtual machine.

Main improvement to gaming will be when DirectX 12 games start appearing.