Windows 10 Xbox Streaming.

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
Just reading up on Windows 10. Xbox streaming, play on your laptop or desktop anywhere over Wifi from your Xbox One. I quite like the idea of this, but will it work properly? Lol.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
The thing that they always miss out is how the method in which the signal gets to your PC. If your hardwired i think that would be perfect but over wifi i think many of us would need an upgrade to a better router. The routers that some ISP's provide are probably not sufficient to provide the optimum performance.

As for my own opinion on the idea. Its good and it follows foot with what Steam and Sony are doing but would i pay for an xbox one to be essentially a disc drive, probably not. Im just going to stick with the hope that games will start coming out on PC more. Theres nothing on the consoles at the moment that im really excited about either.

Im more tempted to go with Nvidia's new Sheild console so i can stream the other direction, to my big screen.

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
I already have an Xbox One. So it would be great for me if it does happen and it works. Maybe a router upgrade would be a good idea though.