Windows 1903 available

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Hang on, I still get the media creation tool as the main download here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

And running it gives the option of either ISO or flash

Edit: Perhaps it's because you have 1903 and I'm on 1803, as you say

I can't stand the media creation tool, after experiences with it repeatedly hanging during the download, with no explanations given - or error messages, it just sat still on X%. But I could download the ISO (and indeed everything else) without using the media creation kit just fine.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hang on, I still get the media creation tool as the main download here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

And running it gives the option of either ISO or flash

Edit: Perhaps it's because you have 1903 and I'm on 1803, as you say

I can't stand the media creation tool, after experiences with it repeatedly hanging during the download, with no explanations given - or error messages, it just sat still on X%. But I could download the ISO (and indeed everything else) without using the media creation kit just fine.
Ah, yes, that works for me too.

I'm sure that's the same page I was visiting earlier, but it asked you to specify what version of windows and which locale and then only offered ISO downloads.

Either I was on another page somewhere or they've changed it again.

Old_Timer

Bronze Level Poster
I've updated, not fresh installed, one of my PC's [Lenovo tiny I5 6600T] to 1903. All went well apart from one minor thing. 1903 has basically killed of the last remnants of useage of my trusted fireall "Tinywall", which is used in conjunction with the existing windows firewall. I did have real issues getting it running on 1803 but 1809 was fine. I loved tinywall as it was non obtrusive and put a small strain on the system.

It's time for a change I think. The first thought that came to my mind was "Zonealarm" free. Has anyone got any other recommendations ?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Old_Timer

Bronze Level Poster
^ Yup, good point. Tinywall added an extra scale of usability to the built in windows firewall. IE it was a doddle to setup new rules etc.
I did have a brief look at setting rules in the built in firewall, but I got confused. Maybe some further trials are required.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
^ Yup, good point. Tinywall added an extra scale of usability to the built in windows firewall. IE it was a doddle to setup new rules etc.
I did have a brief look at setting rules in the built in firewall, but I got confused. Maybe some further trials are required.
What kind of rules do you need? It’s all kinda done for you with windows firewall.

Old_Timer

Bronze Level Poster
@SpyderTracks

I want to monitor what is coming in and out and block/allow etc. Windows firewall aint very user friendly...

UPDATE. I've installed "Evorim free firewall". Just what I need.

Last edited: