Windows 21H1 is now available

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm going to apply now on my laptop. Interested to see these improvements in Task Manager.

Windows update was stuck at 0% for too long so using the windows update assistant instead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 41971

i will wait a few weeks just in case something goes wrong and gets pulled

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Anyone know what the update entails? I've had some issues with the past couple of minor updates I'm reluctant to update right away

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
your expecting too much :LOL:
So calling the family over to watch this progress is going to end in a sad anti-climax? I'll tell them they can go back to school then.....

1621417014391.png

D

Deleted member 41971

I'll tell them they can go back to school then.....

just kill two birds with one stone, they go back to school and you stream it to them, it will probably be more exciting then algebra or whatever they are learning these days

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
To anyone planning to do an update in place of 21H1 (as opposed to a clean install from bootable media - which is what I'll be doing) you'll have a far more pleasant experience if you run these two commands before you do the update...

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

sfc /scannow

If the either or both report corruptions found that were not corrected then clean install 21H1 (no, don't update and see what happens, just clean install it. Ok?) :)

Technical bit: Those two check that your existing component store is clean (the dism command) and that your Windows system files are clean (the sfc command). If you don't run these checks and you have issues with these libraries then an update in place might be a tad disappointing.....

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
To anyone planning to do an update in place of 21H1 (as opposed to a clean install from bootable media - which is what I'll be doing) you'll have a far more pleasant experience if you run these two commands before you do the update...

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

sfc /scannow

If the either or both report corruptions found that were not corrected then clean install 21H1 (no, don't update and see what happens, just clean install it. Ok?) :)

Technical bit: Those two check that your existing component store is clean (the dism command) and that your Windows system files are clean (the sfc command). If you don't run these checks and you have issues with these libraries then an update in place might be a tad disappointing.....
Done and all happy. Proceeding with update.....

Thanks Doc! (y)