Windows 7 Installation - Cosmos VI Custom Laptop with Samsung NVME Drive

Danbeegamez

So the last week I have been trying to get windows 7 via a usb (loaded with usb3 and NVME drivers) installed onto my new system, I have been trying everything from turning off everything in the BIOS to turning off UEFI boot. At first every time I would get a blue screen saying "Bios doesn't support ACPI", but after a few day of scratching my head I found out as I have an NVME drive installed I can only use UEFI boot, so I made a GPT USB and booted with UEFI on and secure boot off, but when I do that I get a error "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD status 0x000000d" after looking around I seen that simply turning on legacy support would do the job, on this laptop you don't get the option at all, and I would assume that if I don't get the option then turning off secure boot would do just that, turn on legacy support. So does anyone have any ideas of how to get windows 7 to install on the PC (I am fully aware as I have a 7th gen processer it's "not supported", but I have a hack I know works). If anyone knows of a bios downgrade for this that I can get that might allow for legacy support. Or simply a way of getting windows 7 to work, it would be much appreciated.

If I can't get it to work I will simply send back as I do know of a couple of HP laptops that have this very support and frankly it's childish to limit me to one operating system like this, I hate windows 10.

BTW the image I am using is an ISO from Heidoc for enterprise and using gigabytes utility to apply USB and NVME drivers.

Specs:-
Cosmos VI Top Spec Laptop

Intel Core i5-7300HQ
16GB DDR4 ram
256gb Samsung NVME SM961

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
So the last week I have been trying to get windows 7 via a usb (loaded with usb3 and NVME drivers) installed onto my new system, I have been trying everything from turning off everything in the BIOS to turning off UEFI boot. At first every time I would get a blue screen saying "Bios doesn't support ACPI", but after a few day of scratching my head I found out as I have an NVME drive installed I can only use UEFI boot, so I made a GPT USB and booted with UEFI on and secure boot off, but when I do that I get a error "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD status 0x000000d" after looking around I seen that simply turning on legacy support would do the job, on this laptop you don't get the option at all, and I would assume that if I don't get the option then turning off secure boot would do just that, turn on legacy support. So does anyone have any ideas of how to get windows 7 to install on the PC (I am fully aware as I have a 7th gen processer it's "not supported", but I have a hack I know works). If anyone knows of a bios downgrade for this that I can get that might allow for legacy support. Or simply a way of getting windows 7 to work, it would be much appreciated.

If I can't get it to work I will simply send back as I do know of a couple of HP laptops that have this very support and frankly it's childish to limit me to one operating system like this, I hate windows 10.

BTW the image I am using is an ISO from Heidoc for enterprise and using gigabytes utility to apply USB and NVME drivers.

Specs:-
Cosmos VI Top Spec Laptop

Intel Core i5-7300HQ
16GB DDR4 ram
256gb Samsung NVME SM961

When you bought this laptop you will have been asked what OS you planned to install, if you had specified WIndows 7 you would have seen a warning at the end of your order page that states clearly that...

Unfortunately Microsoft® Windows 7 is no longer supported on this configuration. We cannot confirm that the drivers we provide will enable you to correctly install and configure all of the components that you are planning to order and therefore we do not recommend that you install Microsoft® Windows 7

That you chose to ignore this warning is down to you. It is frankly ridiculous to complain that PCS do not sell hardware that supports discontinued operating system versions.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
PCS also don't have a great deal of choice in the matter. Skylake, Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake, and their motherboards don't officially support Windows 7. Many people in a lot of cases do get it to work, as you have on other systems, but there's no guarantee of it, hence PCS's warning I guess.