Windows 7 installation issues

Sam W

Hello everyone,

I bought my custom PC from PCS December last year, it's been great thus far with minor issues.
I recently had an issue with my RAID setup, which I resolved and decided it was about time to do a fresh install of Windows anyway.
Here's where the issue started, upon clearing all 3 drives of all formatting / RAID config, Windows simply will not install.
Below is a screenshot of what Windows tells me during setup.
Any help on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/twd1yPe.png

My setup:

MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8350
SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB (Windows drive)
RAID: 2x WD Black 1TB in RAID1
GPU: VTX3D Radeon R9 270X 2GB
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB

Sam W

I tried that, along with marking the disk as "active", running the "clean" command and still nothing.
I also installed Ubuntu on the drive without issue, then tried the Windows install again, and it gives the same error.
I have removed every other peripheral from my machine, RAID card & drives, all PCIe devices all drive etc, and it still gives this issue.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Delete the partition that's on there, then recreate a new partition the size of the disk. See whether that works?

Sam W

The SSD was never a part of the RAID, only the 2 WD Black drives were connected via the RAID card. Plus, the RAID card is now removed. No third party drivers were used as I've never used the RAID for Windows, only the SSD.
I did notice at one point, the SSD didn't show in the BIOS, but did show in Windows setup, (but still wouldn't install). I moved the SSD to a different SATA port and it showed up in the BIOS and Windows setup, (but again, still wouldn't install). It was connected via SATA6G_E1 when not showing in BIOS, I moved it to SATA6G_1 and it showed.
This is really confusing. :mad:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The SSD was never a part of the RAID, only the 2 WD Black drives were connected via the RAID card. Plus, the RAID card is now removed. No third party drivers were used as I've never used the RAID for Windows, only the SSD.
I did notice at one point, the SSD didn't show in the BIOS, but did show in Windows setup, (but still wouldn't install). I moved the SSD to a different SATA port and it showed up in the BIOS and Windows setup, (but again, still wouldn't install). It was connected via SATA6G_E1 when not showing in BIOS, I moved it to SATA6G_1 and it showed.
This is really confusing. :mad:

That board has 2 sata controllers, I'm not sure of the naming convention, but it's possible the e1 port was on the jmicron controller. Often putting a system disc on the secondary controller can cause issues.

Sam W

That board has 2 sata controllers, I'm not sure of the naming convention, but it's possible the e1 port was on the jmicron controller. Often putting a system disc on the secondary controller can cause issues.

I swapped to the other port, then it showed up in the BIOS. I then installed Ubuntu on the drive no problem. So it has something to do with Windows.

Sam W

I have managed to install Windows 8.1 on the SSD no problem. Seems it was just an issue Windows 7 was facing. RAID is setup again, all devices re-installed nicely.
Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions. :)