Windows 7 Mobile

misterdave

Enthusiast
Windows 7 Mobile or Windows Phone 7 Series who knows what they might call it.

anyway I came across this <> and it looks alright would like to have a play.

I'm glad they've thrown the old style winmo in the bin.

Lets see what HTC can bring us :)

Gorman

Author Level
house_do_want.jpg

The second this thing is availiable i will be binning my 3Gs and crawling back, on my belly to the church of Bill.

steveuk87

Super Star
looks ok.. although i am using an old nokia that about 8 years old :/ and battered half the buttons dont work and i havnt had cred on the damn thing for like 3 years :/ haha gonna upgrade soon tho, getting a new contract with a laptop as a package :)

Steve

Gorman

Author Level
It's been a long road, hasn't it? Well, in some respects, it hasn't -- in fact, it's only been about two years since development of Windows Phone 7 as we know it today kicked off -- but when you consider that this product will be replacing Windows Mobile 6.5, that puts things in proper perspective. In fact, even the very latest maintenance releases of good ol' WinMo are based on the same rickety underpinnings as version 5.0 was way back in 2005, at a time when WVGA smartphone displays were science fiction, 4G networks were a good two Gs beyond the average American's comprehension, and Engadget looked like this. Nowadays, it's a very different game; eight year-olds have access to mobile email, your phone understands German, and "Yelp" is a verb (okay, actually Yelp is a verb). Indeed, mobile devices are the new PCs -- and companies like Apple and Google are dominating an industry that had once been practically handed to Microsoft on a silver platter. No one -- either inside or outside of Redmond -- is arguing that change isn't desperately (and quickly) needed, because it simply isn't enough to dominate the desktop anymore.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/19/windows-phone-7-in-depth-preview/

Zeplini

No copy and paste or multi tasking, it had copy and paste but they removed it - doh

I'm not convinced i think the smart phone war has many wanna Be's but they is only 2 in the race

apple and android

LDUK

Master Poster
looks ok.. although i am using an old nokia that about 8 years old :/ and battered half the buttons dont work and i havnt had cred on the damn thing for like 3 years :/ haha gonna upgrade soon tho, getting a new contract with a laptop as a package :)

Steve

OMG OMG Snap! I am also using an old nokia and I ain't had cred on it for a long long time lol.

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
hello all

I've been a minmob user since 2001 and have to say, Ive had enough of it's clunky old feel

Unless windowsmobile 7 is stupendous and an iphone/apple GUI beater, ill keep away.

As a OS, win ce etc was a fun, if flawed platform, but as a base for phone usage it really doesnt work IMHO.

HTC *have* done loads with Sense etc but still, it isnt enough.

With every new phone or OS upgrade, im expecting alot, but it always falls short of my expectations.

Im not a hater, and indeed regularly use one of my old phones as a gaming device, but as a phone? never again.

Have I got this all wrong? Have I Not installed the right front end? any thoughts, let me know.

rgds

Frank