Windows 7 or Windows 10?

Hi,

I am in the process of pre-build on my Defiance II Lapto 17'inch machine (working day 9, expect it to enter build tomorrow/monday).

I have ordered it with Windows 7 I like the OS, find it useable etc, I like start menus.

Showing my age I have used windows since Windows 3.0, come from Unix background, all this squares and touchscreen stuff I don't need to be honest thats why you have Tablets ..:),

On some forums i can see drivers being an issue (PCS don't have drivers for Win 7 on download tab) but doing the research I see it is possible (I am a little bit techie).

I have read of all the issues with Windows 10, snooping etc so I am looking for a good reason (Drivers to one side) why I should not have windows 7.

Thoughts?

Dave

I have had windows 10 since somewhere before the public release and have had no problems with it. You don't have to use live tiles/any tiles and its pretty much just a sightly different windows 7, except it will be supported for a long time to come instead of 7(I think that's how long it was) I would recommend going with windows 10 simply for the fact that it will continue to be supported by programs longer than 7

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would support what ihavenoideawhatiamdoing says re win 10, there are a lot of benefits to it.

The snooping stuff is all presented to you when it first boots, it's simply a case of turning off the stuff you don't want.

I've used it since developer release and it's excellent. There are of course some older programs that won't run in it such as Visual C 6.0 (that's about the only one I've come across so far.), but it's stable, fast and will fully support directx 12 which will be well worth the wait.

I would support what ihavenoideawhatiamdoing says re win 10, there are a lot of benefits to it.

The snooping stuff is all presented to you when it first boots, it's simply a case of turning off the stuff you don't want.

I've used it since developer release and it's excellent. There are of course some older programs that won't run in it such as Visual C 6.0 (that's about the only one I've come across so far.), but it's stable, fast and will fully support directx 12 which will be well worth the wait.

Thanks I adjusted my Order this afernoon :)
Hopefully gets built tomorrow/monday :)

Dave

Yes already insane with the wait.

Build day 9 most of the guys who ordered around my time get built in build day 9-11 plus I have a build date of 26th October so should be good for tues-thurs next week :)