Windows 7 support expired.

Tam the bam

Is the presence of Kaspersky Total Security sufficient to protect my PC from viruses, malware etc. , without Microsoft support ?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Is the presence of Kaspersky Total Security sufficient to protect my PC from viruses, malware etc. , without Microsoft support ?
No, sadly.

About the only way to stay secure would be to take the PC offline altogether.

You can get still upgrade to Windows 10 for free through - so you might as well upgrade.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
No. Absolutely not. It's very common for vulnerabilities to be found not in the Windows 7 code per se, but in the protocols on which Windows 7 depends (SSL, SMBv1, are a couple of recent examples). Even the best anti-malware in the world won't protect you against future vulnerabilities that are found in common protocols and which are not fixed by Windows updates.

Sent using Tapatalk

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just to reiterate, no, the OS itself will be exposed, the only way to truly protect is take it offline.

there’s already a zero day flaw in Internet Explorer which won’t be patched for windows 7.