Windows 7

Cazza

I i recently orederd a new desktop from here and now im currently thinking of buying another 1 as im always jumpin between 2 houses. My question is i orderd windows 7 on my last pc can i use the disk that came with it to install on the new pc im about to order ie meaning i can deselect it from my build bringing price down a bit

Rakk

The Awesome
If it is an OEM version on your old machine then no you cannot transfer it to your new machine, OEM versions are tied to the PC's they are bought with - OEM versions are cheaper than retail versions.

If your current (old) machine was bought with Win7 on it, it is more than likely an OEM version of Win7 - if the CD key is stuck to the machine that will definitely suggest that is an OEM version.

pagepack

Bronze Level Poster
If you click 'control panel', then 'system and security', then 'system'. You can see you product ID. After the the first 5 numbers you will either have 3 digits (retail) or OEM which is self explanatory.

Cazza

The machine im using the now is the 1 i ordered from here PCS 1 month ago, it came already installed and the disk was in the box, the key code was on that. Is PCS version of windows OEM or retail i cant find on site where it says if its either. Its no big deal if i cant was jst curious and thought i'd ask before i put my order through for another 1

Cazza

If you click 'control panel', then 'system and security', then 'system'. You can see you product ID. After the the first 5 numbers you will either have 3 digits (retail) or OEM which is self explanatory.

great ty i was writing a reply jst as you posted lol, i'll check tonight thanks again

Rakk

The Awesome
The machine im using the now is the 1 i ordered from here PCS 1 month ago, it came already installed and the disk was in the box, the key code was on that. Is PCS version of windows OEM or retail i cant find on site where it says if its either. Its no big deal if i cant was jst curious and thought i'd ask before i put my order through for another 1

PCS only supply OEM versions of Windows as far as I know.

mishra

Rising Star

wow nice... heh great stuff man. Didn't know it just shows there :) everyday is a school day, as they say