Windows 8.1 graphics driver

Hi,

I have a Vortex laptop with the following CPU and GPU;

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
Graphics Card AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

Came originally with windows 7, updated to 8.1 a while ago and hit a whole mess of issues with the ATI catalyst drivers and switchable graphics so have gone back to 7 for the moment until I find a solution.

The ATI drivers on their site are blank under 8.1 64 bit. From reading a little, everyone is saying that drivers are required from the manufacturer to allow for the switchable graphics.

Can anyone advise what I need to do, and where I can get the drivers from??

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.
I did try the Auto Detect originally (although this was on the first attempt at 8.1) with no avail. Although the Catalyst installed everything was being forced onto the intel graphics.

I haven't however tried any updated on the intel graphics other than installing the windows 8 version from my EOM driver CD. Not sure if this will make a difference though!?

Usually the manufacturer will release the drivers required for switchable, have a had a quick look at Clevo though and can't find anything relating.

Has anyone updated to 8.1 with driver success?

rickne

Master Poster
Yes , Me. I have a Clevo lappy as per my sig. Everything worked and updated right after the update.

Yes , Me. I have a Clevo lappy as per my sig. Everything worked and updated right after the update.

Good to know.
Your using an Nvidia gpu right?
As I understand it the 7970m has been riddled with graphics switching issues which is the case here, and ATI don't seem to support the 64 bit driver yet, or at least haven't put it out there. That's why I'm hoping someone has a work around!?