Windows 8 upgrade.

NRD

Hi guy's,

For the last day or so I have tried to use my offer of an upgrade to the new OPS. Having gone through all the blurb to the point where one must choose: Windows settings,personal files and apps,
Just personal files or nothing. I now hit a brick wall, which ever of these three I choose it matters not, I get the same answer, " No compatible offers are available ". The only option at this point is to hit Finish hence nothing. There must be something wrong somewhere I suppose, but where? I begin to wonder if it is worth the effort, any ideas?

steswa864

I had the same problem: a response from Microsoft said start in safemode with networkingand run the upgrade assistant then - this worked for me and allowed me through to the online store in order to pay up and enter my promo code. (P.S. if you want the DVD sending too, 14.99 turns into £27.47 with postage and VAT).

Only problem, is....3rd attempt now to get it to install and still no deal. After 100% install completes, PC restarts and then no drive access, just the Windows 8 splash screen. Have to reset and start up windows 7 from startup prompt, then disk cleanup to get rid of the temp files and try again. 4th attempt now - trying on USB this time.