Windows Experience score . . . is this an issue?

roghun

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all,
I've recently had an AOI built and delivered etc.

Chassis & Display PowerGlide Performer: 21.5" No Touch Full HD Screen (1920x 1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card Intel® HD Graphics 4000 Video Memory Technology up to 1.7GB
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8 Speed SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader Integrated 4 in 1 Card Reader (SDXC/MMC/MS/XD)
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

I'm still getting used to Windows 7 etc, but one thing I noticed was when I came to check out the Performance aspects, I got the following scores:

Processor: 7.6
Memory: 7.8
Graphics 5.0
Gaming graphics: 6.4
Hard disk: 5.9

I'm just wondering why I'm getting a score of 5.0 for the 'Desktop Performance for Windows Aero' . . . and why is it quite a bit lower than the other ratings?

Is there anything I can do about it?

Should I be concerned?

(I don't do any gaming at all; just ordinary Internet, email, and a bit of photo editing)

Thanks

steaky360

With your rig, what your experience score?! Sorry, kind of off topic, but the experience scores seem pretty harsh, would be interesting to see what you get!

7.8 last time I checked, I'm not at home (and wont be back for a couple of weeks) so cant check to see which component(s) are getting 7.8 as opposed to 7.9. I think its the CPU though.

ChrisByatt

Silver Level Poster
7.8 last time I checked, I'm not at home (and wont be back for a couple of weeks) so cant check to see which component(s) are getting 7.8 as opposed to 7.9. I think its the CPU though.

There's a whole article on microsoft about reaching 7.9 - they reckon you'll need experience in overclocking to get it haha