Windows Start Up items

Bhuna50

Author Level
Apologies for starting a new thread as I know I saw this being discussed somewhere else, but cannot find that post now.

One of you kind people on here offered to advise on the Start up items that windows automatically opens when logging on to the machine as half of it is not needed and it will help with booting up time of the laptop (not that its an issue yet, but I want to ensure it stays this way) - I have managed to go through disabling some of the gaming portals I use from starting up but attach a picture below from task manager Start up tab and was wondering if someone could advise if this looks ok - the ones I am not sure about are:

CCX process.exe - does anyone know what this is - it seems to belong to Adobe so may have something to do with Creative Cloud (which I have disabled from starting up), but I didn't want to just remove this in case I'm wrong.

Adobe GC Invoker Utility - as above is it related to Creative Cloud or something else?

I left WD Discovery still as it picks up my personal MyCloudHome network drives quickly for me and I have left Roboform on as I use this for my passwords.

That only leaves some which I believe are ok / must haves - but any advice welcome please.

I am a PCS customer - my spec is in my signature or can be found by clicking my review of my laptop.
Thanks

Andy.

1607010623713.png

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You can disable Logitech Download Assistant, if you're happy to check for updates manually (if I'm having issues, I'll check regularly to see if they've been resolved, otherwise I just use the version I installed originally).

If you don't have/use Creative Cloud, then just uninstall the whole shebang (there's also a CreativeCloud uninstaller/cleaner available from Adobe to remove some of the leftovers from the standard uninstall process). If you do, then you can disable CCXProcess.exe and Creative Cloud Desktop - but I believe you needed Adobe GC Invoker utility as it checks you're using a genuine copy.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Thanks Tony - I use CreativeCloud - well I have the Adobe Photography suite and use the CC to update this etc, but I only load it up when I want to use it - I disabled the CC already, just not the process and invoker - which i will now disable.

Thanks re Logitech - have disabled that now too :)

Im trying to get a base mark, so that I know if I check it every now and again I can see if anything has set itself to start up on windows without me knowing.

Just leaves 5 now LOL.
Roboform - personal choice to leave on
WdDiscovery - personal choice to leave on
Audio - what - cant hear you..
Security - obvious one to keep
Logioptions - assume this is my mouse

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
On general, anything that isn't published by Microsoft can be disabled on startup. Of course you'll lose some functionality, in which case you can just enable it again.