Windows Store Missing OFFICIAL PCS FIX

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've been asked by the PCS Customer Care team to post the following fix (from the PCS Support Team) on the forums. I realise that @Rakk has already posted it elsewhere but I've been asked to post it as well, so here it is. :)

PS. It's a Word .docx file.

Attachments

• WINDOWS10 STORE FIX.zip
    275.4 KB · Views: 345

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Just as an addition to this, we have noticed some antivirus apps block the file, might want to disable your AV whilst applying this and then reinitialise after reboot (most AV's will allow you to disable it temporarily so you don't have to remember to turn it back on).

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
Just wondering, as this is obviously a know problem, do PCS not look for this in the testing phase and then implement the fix before it goes out to the customer?

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
To reply to your query JediMonsoon the store had been working fine on all machines during installation, it seems to be something that happens once we set the out-of-box mode. Customers were only having the issue afterwards.

Appears to be something to do with MS thankfully as we were not the only people affected :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I would be interested to hear from anyone experiencing this issue who has NOT logged in to their new PC with an ID that is associated with a digital license for another PC.

I'm wondering whether this is an activation glitch somehow.

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
I would be interested to hear from anyone experiencing this issue who has NOT logged in to their new PC with an ID that is associated with a digital license for another PC.

I'm wondering whether this is an activation glitch somehow.
hmm i'll get my new computer tomorrow and was going to use the same login that is associated with my current PCS computer. but i have another ID that isn't associated with it.
shall i let you know what happens?

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Just booted up the new pc and logged in with a brand new ID. The ms store was there and working
20210724_122959_compress81.jpg
now to restore the backup image I made and try with the ID associated with my old pc.. back soon!!