Windows X Phone in the future

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was a huge fan of Windows Phone, and had a Lumia 950 back in the day before they stopped supporting it and all the apps became useless. The OS design for me was the best of the big 3, live tiles came into their own and made far more sense than on any PC or laptop.

I very nearly recently bought a Surface Duo Microsoft phone (android) as well, but didn't in the end because the hardware was so out of date.

Software wise, Microsoft under Sundar Pichai have hit a new level for me, I think they've been doing incredible things in the "mobile" space, referencing mainly Surface devices including the Duo and the Surface Pro.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I was and never will be a fan of Samsung. I'd prefer Sony over them. A very long time ago I had a lovely Samsung phone on Bada OS.
They wouldn't be my first choice of phone but unfortunately LG are throwing the towel in with mobiles & samsung are the only folk who make dual screen, which i've got used to with my existing LG V50

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I had a Windows phone a while ago when Nokia was making them.... never again
I had one years ago - bought out of frustration with the iPhone wave at the time and wanting to get something less main stream.

I lasted exactly three weeks - after which I sent a card to Apple apologising and promising never to walk out on them again.

Snuggles

I had one years ago - bought out of frustration with the iPhone wave at the time and wanting to get something less main stream.

I lasted exactly three weeks - after which I sent a card to Apple apologising and promising never to walk out on them again.
I managed to last a few years without an iPhone, but not having easy access to my audiobooks brought through iTunes convinced me to give Apple another chance. I glad I did and will probably stick with them for the future too as long as they don't do anything too crazy.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I never got any of the Windows phones but I did like the look of the OS. Hardware wise they were always out of touch for me.

I was an HTC fan initially, their build quality wasn't great after a year or so though. I then got on well with the Samsung, I think it was the S3.... really good phone that. Then moved to the S4 but the S5 and S6 didn't do it for me so I stepped over to the LG G3.... which was a good phone but the OS wasn't as free as Samsung's offering, so before long I was back. I had considered the Sony Z? something at the time of the LG but I can't remember why I went with the LG.

After that though it's been back to Samsung and I've stayed since. The S7 Edge was an amazing phone, then the S9+ and now the S20+. All great phones but the prices are jumping quite significantly which I'm not too thrilled about. The camera on the S20+ is really something though, everyone always comments on just how good the pictures are. I rarely need to bother reaching for the dusty DSLR.

I'll never have an iPhone though. I've never got on with the "i-striction" they bring. They work well at what they do as long as you only want to do what they want you to do, so I know why they are favourable among certain people with use cases that fall within those parameters. They offer great hardware too, even though it's a hefty premium you know you are getting good tech and for businesses the phones are so locked down as standard that they make a good option for security and sensitivity of data.

Windows X though....... if the hardware matches the OS.... I would consider it. I definitely think if I adopt it'll be Gen2.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My all time favourite phone was the HTC Universal, the most advanced phone I’ve ever had for the time. It was an incredible device. That was their peak and then it rapidly went downhill.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've recently moved back to Samsung, only because LG are no longer in the mobile phone market and because they are the only readable available android phones with more than one screen.

At one point i had S8 which was an insurance replacement for my LG V30, the S8 went back after a week and then they palmed me off with an S9 which i had for about 3 months before getting my LG V50.

I'd never have another Samsung S series phone, I have a theory on what the S stands for...........................

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
And it works beautifully! 🤣
Indeed :ROFLMAO: I had iPhones for more than 10 years and finally left partially as I still have my MacBook. Switching to Andriod and adjusting wasn't as bad as I thought. I do miss the Apple privacy aspects. I love my phone can last a couple of days without seeing the charger 😌 My old iPhone acts as a kitchen timer now

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Indeed :ROFLMAO: I had iPhones for more than 10 years and finally left partially as I still have my MacBook. Switching to Andriod and adjusting wasn't as bad as I thought. I do miss the Apple privacy aspects. I love my phone can last a couple of days without seeing the charger 😌 My old iPhone acts as a kitchen timer now
The Privacy features of iPhones are great, if Apple goes down the route they are threatening pretty much blocking anything from accessing your phone without alerting you first I'll definitely be swapping to Apple.

Until then I hate the company and almost everything they stand for

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
It's funny how polarising tech can be - years ago as a kid it was Atari and Sega that had angry mobs of adherents scrapping with eachother, we now have AMD and Intel building loyalist bases too. And in the middle is Apple and, well, pretty much every other offering that isn't Apple!

Either you love them or you hate them.....

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's funny how polarising tech can be - years ago as a kid it was Atari and Sega that had angry mobs of adherents scrapping with eachother, we now have AMD and Intel building loyalist bases too. And in the middle is Apple and, well, pretty much every other offering that isn't Apple!

Either you love them or you hate them.....
Nah Apple have been garbage for a good long while now and as long as they keep charging 3-4 times the price of hardware because it has an apple logo on then they will continue to be garbage

All the nonsense they do with proprietary accessories is just downright evil