Windy, innit?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
How’s everyone getting on with the storm today?

I was in my office at the surgery, beavering away when I heard two huge cracking noises followed by a bang. Went outside and was greeted by this…

AC17AE96-15DE-46F3-86C6-C91ABCDA31F5.jpeg

And then as I was driving home I was met with this obstruction in my village…

F6C2532B-CAB2-4F82-9731-95C4041654CA.jpeg

Hope everyone is safe and that their property remains intact!

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Our trampoline's gone missing, family went out to find it today and it's nowhere in sight...Starlink's been having some trouble getting connection from wobbling, house shaking, not too bad! Just another day in the UK!

Attachments

• IMG_1826.jpg
    IMG_1826.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 104

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
We've had one fence panel smashed but so far been lucky. Power blipped twice in the last hour but came back thankfully. Half our village ha e been without power all day.

Rakk

The Awesome
A bit late to the conversation (I went out), but it was very windy for most of the day here as well - very noisy not helped by the fact my kitchen window whistles when its windy.

My local uni has its weather station data online so I could see that the gusts around here were upto about 55-60mph at some point, and I know one of my neighbours fence panels is now lying on the ground

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Fortunately, these last two storms stayed further south. Storm Arwen cut my power for 100 hours, Malik for 12 and 24 hours later Corrie for 19. We just got 4 - 6 inches of snow from Eunice. I have definitely had enough of 80 - 100 mph winds.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
We've just had an electricity outage since about 13:45, just came back on. Mobile masts were offline too. Life without internet sucks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fortunately, these last two storms stayed further south. Storm Arwen cut my power for 100 hours, Malik for 12 and 24 hours later Corrie for 19. We just got 4 - 6 inches of snow from Eunice. I have definitely had enough of 80 - 100 mph winds.
How you guys doing up there?

We had the new storm hit tonight and it's stronger than I'd been led to expect, not that I'd hugely concentrated on weather reports, but I thought this one was more hitting northern Ireland and Scotland.

We just had another outage for a few hours right in the middle of the Interstellar OST!!!

Rakk

The Awesome
I know its quite windy here again (Berkshire) - least my kitchen window is still making a lot of noise, and I know earlier this evening my lights flickered a few times, that was a good few hours ago now though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I know its quite windy here again (Berkshire) - least my kitchen window is still making a lot of noise, and I know earlier this evening my lights flickered a few times, that was a good few hours ago now though.
Touch wood you'll be ok.

We're on SSE as electrical supplier. It seems they had quite a major outage over the south, but limited to their systems for whatever reason, I don't really understand how the power network works.

But looking at their outage map, it seemed very sporadic as to the areas that were affected. So our cul de sac lost power, as did a lot of the village, but the new development of houses just behind us remained up the whole time.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Bit breezy here in Bucks as well