Wired Or Wirless??

Supermaniacs

Bronze Level Poster
Hi peeps

Need some advice from you experts out there!! I am on the prowl for a keyboard and mouse and i want to know if there would be any problems going with the wireless option when it comes to online gaming i.e COD Black Ops or would it be better to stick with the old fashioned wired keyboard and mouse??

misterdave

Enthusiast
My choice is wired, I did attempt to make a change last year to wireless but with the amount of gaming I do I found that the battery was running out too often.

I much prefer not having to worry about batteries. plus there is no chance of loosing a small USB dongle when you have wired kit.

My setup includes:

Logitech Internet 350 keyboard (cheap and cheerful)
Logitech G9x (many thanks to Logitech replacing my broken G9 with a G9x)
Logitech G13
oh and
Logitech G25 racing wheel (soon to be replaced with a Fanatec GT3 RS V2 Clubsport)

Just my opinion, many may agree or disagree.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I don't really see the point of wireless keyboards since the keyboard really shouldn't be moving around while you're gaming anyway. If you do go for a wireless mouse just make sure that you have a good surface (maybe get a good mousepad) and either buy recharchable batteries or get one which has a charger with it. Wired mice are generally better in terms of consistantly good performance but there are some good wireless mice out there now like the logitech performance mouse.

Rakk

The Awesome
Gotta be said, I go wired, couldn't think of much worse than the batteries running out right in the middle of gaming and ending up dead .....

Also wireless things tend to hate me and never work properly anyway, but even if they did work properly for me, I'd still have wired.
If the power goes on my wired keyboard and/or mouse, I think I have bigger problems to worry about than ending up dead in game :)

Meds

I've used a Logitech G15 Keyboard with an MX Revolution Mouse (wireless) for the past few years. I know it's not classed as a "gaming" mouse but I've had no problems with it. If there is a performance difference between wired & wireless then it is minimal.

Gishank

Bright Spark
I also choose wired, personally I don't like wireless keyboards or mice primarily for battery life and because they tend to cost more with no real benefit. I have a Cyborg Keyboard and a Cyborg mouse (predecessor to the notorious R.A.T series).